“Great Food & Service”

Maroo Incorporated
Ranked #269 of 1,122 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Korean
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

We used to be regulars at Maroo 5-6 years ago, but on our most recent visit found nothing had changed. The chefs and servers very quickly notice when you start coming in regularly and always greet you warmly (chefs behind the back counter). The atmosphere is dark and quiet in general but I hear it gets pretty rockin' later in the evenings, esp Fri and Sat nights. The food is EXCELLENT - Japanese-Korean fusion. I have tried almost all their sushi (super fresh) and the special Korean flavor salad and noodle bowls are awesome. Can't remember what they're called but my kids love them. Another thing I love at Maroo is the way when you order hot green tea that a pot is brought to the table so that you don't need to keep asking for refills.
If you are unsure what to order, just ask your waiter. They will help you pick out something to your liking/tastes. They also have outdoor seating, weather permitting. Overall, a lovely, relaxing place to eat with excellent service and a large variety of food choices moderately priced! I strongly recommend Maroo!

“Best sushi in Fresno!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012 via mobile

I travel to Fresno on business weekly and I always eat here. The fish is very fresh. Lots of unique rolls. Friendly service. A great neighborhood restaurant.

Fresno, California
“Never a bad meal with great service and atmosphere!”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My hubby and I come here when we want comfort food....and we aren't Korean. I always get the Dol Sot and he gets Bul Go Gi (beef). The best roll by recommendation by the staff there is the Jin's roll. Yummy! The atmosphere is always on par and the service is friendly and attentive. The chefs always greet you and say goodbye as you leave. They have great lunch specials and dinner specials too depending on the day of the week. Oh and drink specials too. My kids ages 7 -12 love it! Great place to dine any day of the week and special occasions. You can be dressy or casual the decor is very modern.

• Visited April 2012
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I found the reviews trying to find a nice place to have Valentines dinner with my boyfriend. It sounded really great and since it was the day before Valentines day I booked as soon as they said they had an opening. The place was nice but my new Little Black Dress and heels was way to dressy for this place. The food was priced great but their sushi was not. We didn't try their main dinner dishes because my boyfriend and I love sushi and we have had better. So if you are planning to go here for a Romantic sushi dinner date, I would go somewhere else.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love this place. The environment is EXCELLENT! The food is GREAT especially the Dol Jot Bi Mi Bap. It's better than...”
Reviewed 7 October 2008

I love this place. The environment is EXCELLENT! The food is GREAT especially the Dol Jot Bi Mi Bap. It's better than L.A.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook