“christmas gift.”

The Landmark
Ranked #689 of 1,143 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 December 2013

the food was served very pleasing to the eye and was plentiful and delicious. will go back. have lived in neighborhood for several years and never stopped by will defiinitly go back

1  Thank Georgina R

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Landmark has been one of my favorites places for many years. I love to drop in for lunch and dinner. Great service.

1  Thank Shelleym18
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Located in the trendy, (for Fresno) Tower District, the old place must have weathered decades when there was not much traffic. Now has a big airy old time bar full of locals. The food is plentiful but preparation is indifferent. Best part was pickled tongue and the shrimp potato salad. Prices are reasonable and service good.

3  Thank JerimiahJ223
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We went to The Landmark this last Tues. night. I was very impressed. The waiter was fantastic. The attmosphere is great. After he took our drink order, we recieved a chilled dish of veggies. Super good. carrots, celery, olives, peppers, greenbeans. The menu has a lot to choose from. I choose the 12 oz. prime rib, my husband choose the chicken fetticini and my daughter got a 12 sirloin. You get a huge basket of toasted breads and all the salad dressings, soups and desserts are make fresh in the restaurant. The servings were huge. Enough to take home for the next nights meal. Everything was so good. The whole table was ouhing and ahing.
My dad and his wife ordered the basque meals. I couldn't believe how much they got and they sure loved it all. We ordered dessert, I had a creme bulee and my daughter had a huge piece of cookies and cream cheese cake. I highly recommend this place. It's not cheap, but you will be very happy.

3  Thank Mindymoo11
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We've been to the Landmark on a few occasions before, and have enjoyed it - this was a completely different visit. The food was "ok" - not great, not bad. The Cajun style Catfish was tasty, but swimming in grease. The service was adequate, but not nearly as attentive as we've seen in the past (believe it was limited to our server).

But, the dining room was filthy dirty. I noted the detail on the wood paneling next to our table was coated with grease and dirt. That caught my attention, and when I started looking around, I realized the entire dining room was in dire need of a major cleaning. The carpet was stained, and in some areas, the duct tape placed to cover holes was worn through. The whole place simply looked shabby and poorly kept. Above all else, it needs a good scrubbing.

I'm not a person who requires antisceptic conditions, but, I have no desire to eat here again -- if the dining room looks this bad, I don't want to even imagine the kitchen.

1  Thank Practicaltraveler4

Been to The Landmark? Share your experiences!