“Toro, Toro”

Fresno, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Toro, Toro”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Food & staff was good. Great place to eat when u have the funds $$$. Slightly higher than other places.

Visited June 2012

Holladay, Utah
“Fantastic salsa, tortilla soup and margaritas!”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Started with the tostada ceviche which was good but the salsa was fantastic! I usually like to eat my calories but once i had one coconut pineapple margarita I had to have another one - they were fabulous! We had street tacos (pork was really really good, the steak ones were good) and the chicken tortilla soup too. The soup was sooo good - spicy with a broth base and served hot! We'll be back to try more...

• Visited March 2013
Beaumont, California
“Its OK but....”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The food was OK but I've had better at other El Toritos. Right next to the La Quinta Inn in central Fresno where I was staying. Walked from the hotel after checking in. Parking lot lights were not turned on and had to dodge an arriving car in the dark. Waiter didn't brink a glass for my beer and had to ask twice. Waiter also didn't get my order correct but did remove the item from my check that I didn't order. I tip on service and he didn't get my 20%.

• Visited February 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“OK Mexican Food, Best Option”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Staying at the La Quinta, we utilized our 10% discount and took advantage of the convenience of walking next door. We ordered tacos, which gets credit for being soft corn tortillas, but they were overly dry and quite small. Prices were very reasonable and salsa was fresh. Staff was friendly. Overall this place is just average but we couldn't find much else in the area that looked better.

• Visited September 2012
“Decent food, okay service.”
Reviewed 19 October 2012 via mobile

I was in town for a wedding and was craving Mexican food & El Torito was within walking distance. I sat at the bar and was promptly served chips & salsa. They had a $4 margarita happy hour special (until 8 PM) and I was pleasantly surprised at how strong it was!

I ordered the Adobo Shrimp and was disappointed how small the portions were - 6 small shrimp and a small order of refried beans for $10.95. Given, both were flavorful but I didn't feel as though the dish was worth the cost.

I gave them 3 stars because I had to ask for a glass of water in the middle of my meal. I guess I am just accustomed to automatically getting a water when I order alcohol. In addition, they didn't clear plates, glasses etc when I was finished with them.

Sadly, I didn't get a thanks from the bartender/ waitress or hostess when I left :(