“Fantastic food & margaritas!”

El Torito Restaurant
Ranked #95 of 1,137 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Some of the best margarita's I've ever had and the Sunday Brunch is fantastic. Great food & bottomless mimosa's on the brunch. Really good service too. I'll go back there again when I'm in Fresno.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Arrived for a late dinner about 930pm on a Saturday night. Sat in the bar because there was a graduation party going on in the restuarant. Service was very slow probably due to the grad party. When food arrived it was tasty and typical for a chain mexican restaurant. Located next to the hotel we were staying at so that's why we chose it.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We went here on a tip from an employee at the hotel where we were saying. This is not a slam-bang get the food out as quickly as possible kind of Mexican restaurant.
We started with the guacamole prepared table-side. I would say that it was very, very good; with the guacamole from Boudro's in San Antonio the only better one I've had. They will spice it as hot as you like. Since my wife has an issue with really hot foods, I kept the rest of the freshly diced serrano peppers to put on my dinner.
We both had the shrimp enchilada's which come with the obligatory rice, however this rice was flavorful and moist. You have a choice of traditional refried beans (which I hate) and whole beans. Get the whole beans. Very flavorful! The enchilada's (2) have shrimp in just about every bite and come with 3 different sauces.
Don't be in a hurry. It's not slow, it's leisurely.
We did not have dessert because we were so full from dinner.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Fourth of July weekend my husband and I celebrated my sister-in -law birthday, we took Rose and her husband John to El TORITO restaurant. I simply love good mexican food, well I was amaze I ordered chicken breast grilled fajitas. The food was excellent, I couldn't have done better myself if I had prepared it. We had a ball. GREAT BIRTHDAY DINNER!!!!!
The service was also excellent.

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Yep, it's old, it's a little in need of a good cleaning, and it's in a crummy part of town...albeit by The Cathedral, Yet the service and food are consistently outstanding, tasty, and served quickly. It would deserve a better rating, were it not for the long neglected facilities. However, the meals are served fast, hot, and they are enormous, well spiced, and cooked as they should be. While I have not sampled the bar, something tells me the after 5:00pm crowd "makes" this place. It has a definite party vibe.

Been to El Torito Restaurant? Share your experiences!