“Very good food. The service leaves something to be desired.”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #34 of 1,143 Restaurants in Fresno
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I had a NY strip with the cheddar mashed potatoes. The food was excellent-- the steak was of better quality than one I'd two nights prior that had cost 4x as much. Unfortunately, the service was lackluster. While my waiter did bring me the food I ordered, he never offered to refill my drink and then he dropped of the check while I was still eating the steak (though I would have ordered dessert had he offered it).

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Been here before. Food is pretty good. Our waiter was good. The problem unfortunately starts at the hostess station. A bit of advise to any owner. This is the first person to come In contact with your customers. If they are rude or immature it sets the stage for a unpleasant experience for all. My wife, myself, our 23 year old daughter and her soon to be husband along with my oldest daughter and two 5 month old twins grandkids came in and asked to be seated away from all the other people in case the kids had any issues to not ruin other peoples lunch. We got the whole eye rolling, disrespectful BS that I did not really expect. I got there after all this took place. I would of told the little girl to take her problems elsewhere and gone next door to the Cheesecake Factory. Our food and server were fine. Good beers but really check your staff.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I looked this place up online before flying to CA and wanted to try it out. I know with them being a brewery...it had to be good. I was right! The blonde beer was great! I was there with a buddy and he said the pizza was great, so we went down that road. Beer and pizza...what more can you ask for.

Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

The wait staff was personal, offered advice, laughed and joked with us. Food was good, atmosphere great. The staff made the experience for us

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I went there with my lady friends. The waiter brought us our drinks and forgot to bring the sweetners inspite of us asking him numerous times. He did not refill our drinks either. By the time we were done we were given our checks to leave and no dessert was offered just to make sure we did or did not want it. Loved the food and choice of appetizers though. Maybe next time will have food to go only.

Been to BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse? Share your experiences!