“Come Here and Skip Hunan's Across the Street”
Review of Kirin Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kirin Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Fresno, California
“Come Here and Skip Hunan's Across the Street”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I found out about Kirin Restaurant from an instructor in a community education class I took about a year ago who said it's the best sit-down Chinese restaurant in Fresno. Even though Kirin is in my neighborhood, one I've live in for the past 11 years, I've never eaten here. On the instructor's recommendation, my daughter and I decided to give Kirin's a try several months back and the food was flavorful and great-tasting. They will omit MSG in your dish if that's a concern. I had a taste for Chinese tonight and we decided to hit up this eatery again, which would be our third time. Kirin's is in a strip mall on the SW corner of Cedar and Herndon directly behind Bad Bud's gas station/car wash so it's very easy to find. Each time we've come to the restaurant, it's never been crowded and we've been quickly seated and served. The restaurant is spacious and clean with all table seating, no booths. Tonight we had the hot and sour soup, combination chow mein and chicken broccoli. The combination chow mein consisted of chicken, beef, shrimp, carrots, bean sprouts, scallions, mushrooms and a few other vegetables and this was the first time I've order this dish and I must say-- it is the best chow mein I've ever eaten at a Chinese restaurant here in Fresno. So, as the title of my post says, the next time you're in the mood for Chinese skip the Chinese cuisine establishment in the strip mall across the street and give Kirin's a try. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014

Atascadero, California
“Good Chinese”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Some dishes are not so great. The sweet and sour dishes have too much sauce on them it is a bit over powering and well as the lemon chicken.
However the Kung Pao and Mushu pork are great. The owners are the staff.
Very pleasant and aim to please. We usually get take out. Pot sticker were good also.

Visited January 2014
“Best in Town”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

So I'm actually embarrassed that I haven't submitted this sooner as I've been dinning here for over 25 years! So, where do I start? The awesome food, the more than awesome owners that serve and cook for you, the fact that it's the cleanest restaurant in town? All true and agree with prior posts, a must try place (before owners decide to retire) for the best of the best! Oh, and ask Yvonne about the one eyed fish they kept in the aquarium for years!! Thank you for your years of dedication and service!

2 Thank Barbara D
Auberry
“Outstanding Chinese food”
Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is run by a couple who do all the cooking and serving. Fresh ingredients and tasty recipes, combined with friendly, efficient service, create our favorite restaurant in Fresno. Try their daily specials. The restaurant is tucked behind Bad Buds in a strip mall off Herndon and Cedar.

1 Thank anne n
“Wonderful Chinese food and service”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Great family-run Chinese restaurant. Their specials are always tasty and their dry-fried green beans are spectacular. No one does a hot and sour soup as well--I've tried it various other places and Kirin is hands-down my favorite--I've given up ordering it anywhere else. This is a good place for large groups or a quiet dinner for two. My husband loves the sizzling rice soup and we always start with pot stickers. Yummm..I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

• Visited May 2012