“Best in all possible ways”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Seattle, WA
“Best in all possible ways”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have brought an international group to this hotel for the third time if not more, and each time it feels better and better. The rooms are newly renovated, spacious and very clean. The beds are extremely comfortable with two types of pillows - soft and firm, and overall the room has everything you will need for a comfortable stay including a desk and a sofa. The shower cabin is very new and makes the feel of the bathroom really modern, and on top of everything else you have a jacuzzi right there in the room. Our group had breakfasts and lunches at the restaurant downstairs and both were delicious, very fresh and very well prepared. The staff was superb at the hotel and the restaurant, and all the managers I worked with - Hera, Ashley and Bill were really friendly and efficient to the utmost. Just wanted to thank everybody for such a wonderfully organized accommodation and would strongly recommend this hotel to both - family and business visitors. Thanks a lot for your service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
We would like to thank you for completeing a review of our hotel. Our guests comments assist us in offering high levels of service and quality during your stay. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again. Thanks Again!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Redlands, California
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was a last minute while on the road reservation and what a surprise; The room was divided into 3 sections, a lounge area, room area and bathroom area which included a two person hot tub and a fully glass enclosed shower. The bed was extremely comfortable with a selection of marked pillows for your choice, the directv receiver and flat screen made me feel like I was at home and was able to watch my favorite programming. The staff were among the friendliest I have encountered at a Hotel, I will never stay anywhere else when in this area. Great area with great choice of outside restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms Away from the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I was delighted to read your review and your very kind comments regarding the team here at the hotel and the facilities on offer. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Dennis Monte
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The room was large, and the beds and pillows were comfortable. We were on the top floor as all two queen rooms are. I do have a few complaints about this place, although none major. They charge 2.50 a night for parking, and you do not get a continental breakfast. Which to me is abnormal for a Holiday Inn. Also, the elevators are super slow. Other then that, the hotel staff was welcoming, and the location was perfect for our trip to looking at colleges in the area. Also, the hotel is close to Denny's for a cheap breakfast, or late night snack. The pool was on the second floor roof deck, and a little bit cold, but it was nice.

Room Tip: Two queen rooms are on the top floor which equals less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank trevor4travel
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed 1 night, when I called to verify my room, girl had a bit of an attitude. I was thinking, uh oh.... Rooms were small, dirty. Air conditioning vents were very dusty. I guess to save money, they keep the air off. When we got in the room it was HOT. It took a good half hour for the room to cool down, it was horrible. Then we asked for extra towels, they never came and we called twice. Then I waited till the next morning, to ask for towels, the old guy told me I had to go downstairs and get them myself. I told him no, then he said I'll take them up and before I could thank him, he hung up on me. Breakfast, hmmm. So not worth $9.99. I could tell this place is very cheap with everything. They bring out food only when there is nothing left, which means we have to wait. Then they bring out a bit at a time. Juices are not cold, they have them in a carafe sitting out in a bowl with ice. Service is bad, they stayed in the kitchen talking most of the time. She never cleared our plates. She was not friendly at all. Oh but beds were comfy. We requested a late check out and the maids came by twice, they wanted us out. So we felt rushed And it was not 1 yet! All in all, soooo not worth $153! The owner should understand "little things count".

• Stayed July 2013
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Would not recommend this hotel! Lets see a friend booked it for us which prob is my fault as I should of checked it but 2 adults and 1 child should get you a single bed and queen or king size in most countries and we arrived to one king size wheelchair based room. When the friend rang down we were told there was a fold up bed we searched the whole room none to be found. She rang back and the answer was a you sure (should you not know your rooms). Then we were told one would be brought up and 15mins later waiting in hot room they phoned to say there wasn't one available and didn't offer an alternatives. Never less at 9.30pm at night I was a little frustrated with a child falling asleep so I went down to reception to see if there was a different room and was told that there was no rooms available and was told I would have to sleep with a child in the same bed as us basically as there was nothing else they could do and that is what you get for booking through hotwire.com, So they work in conjunction with hotwire to sell rooms but then put the blame back on them when things go wrong. I was very angry and he proceeded to print of his version of the booking out saying we took a king room with wheelchair access, this did not say this on my version of print out but did on his plus it proceeded to show me of 3 or 4 other couples and the rates they paid, so unprofessional in itself. I screamed at him and demanded we be upgraded for the next night stay I have never done this but was so mad that I had paid nearly 100 a night to be treated with no breakfast and a king size bed for 3 of us. I went back to the room as what choice did i have but 20mins later we got a phone call saying they have a room with a Jacuzzi, why couldn't he accommodate this in the first place. So we moved but 11pm at night the Jacuzzi above us was filled and you could hear the jets being turned off and on for the next 2-3hrs and then we were right next to an ice machine that was like an airplane engine but I didn't complain couldn't be bothered! So checkout I get a bill for 5.00 parking and was told someone would help me with my luggage as it was just me taking it from the room but when I rang there was an extremely rude lady who told me they are not doormen!! Then when checking out I said we don't own a car friends collect us and dropped us off she went and got the original receipt my husband had initialed and put there number plate (I think he did this because he thought if they were parked up for 10-15mins security need to know that there car is there but I don't think he thought he would be charged for it) OMG she grumpily refunded me so I think I need to check and then told me to bring it up with hotwire.com again and any other issues I had. She was calling me Maam which I asked her not to as she was so rude they way she would say it and she said that is what we say in this country, I said fair enough and walked off. Wont return to this hotel. Disaster!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Loretts1977
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We make every attempt to honor the room type confirmed at your time of booking, which we did. I'm glad to see that another room opened up that allowed you to be more comfortable. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Monterey, CA
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The Hampton Inns are WAY better than this place. The one we used to stay at in Seal Beach was cheaper than this place, had a really nice continental breakfast, cookies at night, coffee all day, small pool and work out room, decent Internet. The only thing I think this place has going for itself is the in suite jacuzzi. Other than that, it sucks.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Juno A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Juno A,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for my daughter's softball all star tournament. The rooms were fine, it was clean, kept up and spacious enough. We had a good stay at this hotel. We were offered a complimentary breakfast each morning, there was a bar and lounge area, and parking was plentiful. The hotel was adjacent to several fast food restaurants and a gas station. Overall, we found this hotel to be fine, nothing fancy, but we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: There is a pool on the second floor, but it was shallow, only 3 1/2 feet deep. But, my daughter and...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank FredPT
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear FredPT,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is nice to know that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. Additionally, I am glad to know that the breakfast was at par with your liking. Your additional comments have been noted and this will be used to further enhance the services that we can offer.

Again, thanks for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Fullerton

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton? Share your experiences!