“great hotel, lousy, but really lousy internet”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Brighton, United Kingdom
“great hotel, lousy, but really lousy internet”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I like Holiday Inn hotels. I'm a reward club member (Gold), which means that I visited quite a number of Holiday Inn hotels. they are usually very comfortable, large rooms and the service is more than reasonable. there is one caveat though, which is a repeating theme at the Holiday Inn hotels, and this one is no exception: their internet is HORRIBLE. for some reason they call it high-topped internet connection. it is anything by speedy. it is slower that dial-in modem. it is a bit faster than total paralysis. so if you are here for the internet, you are bound to be disappointed. if you are here for the amenities and location, it is a great place to be.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent visit to our property! We appreciate the feedback as it is the only way for us to continue to improve and address concerns. We apologize that the internet speed was not up to standards, but assure you that this issue will be addressed immediately.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Corona, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was hosting my daughters Quinceanera and I chose this hotel for my out of town guests. Let me say Customer Service was great, no matter how many times I bugged the staff they were always professional and went above and beyond to meet my requests. I was also upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite since I has so many rooms booked and let me tell you it was great. Rooms are clean, beds are so comfy and we received the breakfast buffet the next morning and let me tell you it was great. My whole family was very pleased with the hotel. I will definitely stay again and very soon at that!

Room Tip: Upper level near the elevator is great.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently housed 21 employees from AT&T at Holiday Inn hotel and Suites in Anaheim and I received positive comments from everyone. The rooms were luxurious, spacious and always clean. The staff was extremely accommodating, starting from the assigned parking spaces for all company vehicles to greeting everyone when we arrived and departed for the day. All guests were very impressed with the individual attention offered by this fabulous Holiday Inn staff! The food was awesome and all servers were great. I will definitely recommend the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim for an outstanding business and personal experience. They received 21 "thumbs-up" from all AT&T employees, and we will definitely be back if the opportunity arises!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We truly appreciate your kind review and are honored to have receive your highest score. It was such a pleasure working with all of your travelers and accommodating all of their hotel needs. We are happy to know that everyone loved the food and all of the amenities we have to offer for each of your guests. I will certainly let all of our staff know that your guests enjoyed their “fabulous” stay here with us. We will continue to push to maintain excellent service for all of our guests and provide them with the absolute best hospitality accommodations. Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to host all of your travelers hotel needs and we look forward to working with you again soon!
Kirkkonummi, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here with my wife for five nights in a King w/ jacuzzi room.

Check-in was quick and the staff was friendly.
The parking would have costed $2,5 per day, but as Hotels.com had advertised the parking is free, we weren't charged for it - thank you :)

Our room was on the second flood, and located far enough from the elevator so the noise didn't disturb at all. The room was very spacious in all means and it was well equipped (fridge, big jacuzzi, 32" flat TV with a lot of channels, air conditioning, big and clean bathroom, instant coffee maker etc).

We noticed on our arrival that the room's windows were dribbling with water on the inside, but we thought turning on the A/C would fix it. When we returned from shopping a couple of hours later, the windows were still wet and we also noticed that the room's ceiling was wet - a quick rub of the ceiling would make your hand all wet. We also noticed a lot (at least a couple of sq ft worth) of black smudge on the ceiling in the corners of the room near the windows, and I'm quite certain it was mould. Pic: http://oi61.tinypic.com/166nac8.jpg

I went down to inform the staff about our findings, and we were given a new similar room without asking, close to the first room. The receptionist promised to call someone to have a look at the first room (#220) on the next day.
We were given free breakfast coupons for our whole stay (worth $100!), so all in all the service was outstanding. Every staff member we saw during our 5-day visit were friendly and professional.

Our room was quiet even though there's a freeway located right next to the hotel (don't know about the rooms which are facing the freeway; we had asked for a room which doesn't face it and got one also). There's a couple of fast food places only a couple of steps from the hotel, and some other little stores also.

The breakfast was average, though as we didn't have to pay a dime for it, it was excellent (the crispy bacon and pancakes with maple syrup were my favourite - yum!).

Rooms are equipped with a complimentary wi-fi which worked well.

If the hotel's staff replies to this review, I'd hope to hear what happened with the room 227. Hopefully there wasn't any bigger moisture damage found!

Room Tip: As I said I'm not sure how noisy the rooms facing the freeway are, but just in case ask for a ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nikolas L
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
We would like to thank you for completing your review on Tripadvisor.com. Your feedback is very important to us, and the success of our hotel. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future. We are happy to inform you that the issue of dampness in the ceiling has been corrected as it was caused by the large rain storm that was taking place during your stay. We apologize for that inconvenience, but again everything has been corrected. If at anytime there is anything else you need, please feel free to contact us at 714-579-7400.
Shenandoah, Virginia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

So The rooms are amazing. That is always a plus. The hotel on the inside looks great. On the inside my complaint was that the 3rd floor constantly smelled like pot and the guy at the front desk could care less. The neighborhood is bad. The website makes it sound like it is in the middle of everything. You don't want to be in the middle of everything going on around there. I am not saying at all you should not stay here. I would say you should. Just be aware of your surroundings.

Room Tip: I would suggest room 326.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard M
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for completing your online review. We will share the information you have provided with our management team in hopes that we can continuously improve. We take great pride into seeing that every guest has a wonderful experience during their stay with us. We look forward to serving you again.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Not very easy to get to from LAX but that is not their problem. I suggest you fly into John Wayne airport. When I arrived at the hotel I was checked in by a wonderful staff. Room was spacious and very clean. I was in a king suite with a in room jacuzzi. Bed was very comfortable. Went Down to the bar. Small but very well stocked and great prices. Restaurant is great for breakfast with a good selection and a small buffet
I recommend this hotel to any one traveling and staying in the Fullerton area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us this very kind review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to ensure that every guest enjoys both exceptional service and a quality product. We look forward to seeing you again.
Fresno, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night with my family. Bathroom was spotless. The shower glass was so clean it was invisible. Staff was friendly and nice. Located off a highway with plenty of restaurants. They give plenty of pillows. I couldn't understand that for a two bed room they would provide two soaps but only one shampoo and conditioner. Faucet barely reached the sink. Furniture looks like it's been there since the placed opened. Bedding is past it's prime. Carpets were filthy. Thy either need shampooing or replacement. For a nights stay it's not bad if your only going in to shower and sleep.

• Stayed February 2014
dennis2525, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton, responded to this review, 5 February 2014

I am very happy to hear the praises in regards to the staff and I will be sure to pass that along to the rest of the management team as I am sure they will be happy to share that with their staff!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton? Share your experiences!