Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
La Center, Washington, United States
“Terrible service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Room was filthy, we called down for some new coffee and the staff never actually made it up to our room. In the elevator there was a gum flosser that stayed there for three days.
The shuttle by far was the worst part, often we were left waiting in the wind and the cold even when it was scheduled to be there.
Be advised, the shuttle to disneyland takes a six hour break from 11 to 5 pm, so if you are planning on going back to the hotel during the day, skip this one.
Would not recommend. In fact, I am going to tell everyone I know NOT to go here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I just returned from 5 days here. When you walk into lobby you see two beautiful chandeliers and you think you are in for a treat. Well don't hold your breath! We had a long walk to our room (my mom is handicapped) but it was on the first floor. The carpet in the hallways and in the room were stained and dirty. We got to our room and found holes in our curtains and they faced the parking lot. Daylight shined thru too...annoying in early am. The light fixtures by our beds were as bright as stadium lights. We bought book lights cause they were so bright. The beds were comfy. The hot breakfast was good but only coffee and juice to drink. How about milk? There were Asian signage all over so maybe we were not their target crowd. Parking was free and easy as was the daily Disney shuttle. Bathroom was outdated and showed its age. Hotel was close to lots of shopping. I was only so-so impressed.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Denise K
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I will try and locate the room with the holes in the drapes and to wash the carpet stains.
Simi Valley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed at. The halls and room rank of Pot because the people next door to us were smoking so much Pot they set the fire alarm off. The carpet was black. The sheets had hair all over them. The comforter on one bed had, what I hope was syrup spilled all down the side of it and onto the carpet. The other comforter had blood all over it and was turned upside down so it was hiding. The bathroom was untouchable!! If it hadn't been so late when we arrived I would have NOT stayed. I had my small children with me. I was scared of catching lice, crabs and being eaten by bed bugs! I don't think ANY of the rooms would have been any cleaner. It was the worst experience ever. We were up and out of the room by 8:00am!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

6 Thank Patricia T
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
I'm very sorry about your stay. It sounds like your room was not even cleaned by a housekeeper potentially.

Please let the front desk know about any issues, and we can take care of it. It sounds like in your case, we should've given you a different room, and disciplined the housekeeper/supervisor that allowed your room to be rented. If you're able to PM me your name and date of stay, I can even find out and hold the respective staff accountable.

Travellers are raving about these Fullerton hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helped me get a room that was not on the freeway side of the hotel. (You can open the window and throw a rock and hit the 91 freeway, that is how close it is. Very noisy) The rooms have dirty and torn carpet. I would hate to walk in the room bare footed. The room is musty like it hasn't been lived in for months. Very cheap hotel. It is a huge stretch for 2 1/2 stars

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kevin K
JeffersonKim, Manager at Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
I'm sorry about your stay. I can assure you that all our 289 rooms are not of the same quality. It sounds like the room should not had been rented to you. If a room is not to your satisfaction, we can always move you to a different room.
Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

My family and I stay at the Howard Johnson for two nights, and lets just say those were the worst two nights. first the hotel is very outdated and dirty, but I tried to look past that. The first night we were there the fire alarm went off two time for about 10 to 15 min. this was about 2 am. again I try to look past that but no... the next night the alarm went off three times 1:30am and so on at one point it went off for 30 mins. I had kids with me and didn't know what to do. should we wake up the kids and get them out or what everyone is in the hallway trying to get a hold of the front desk but when you called they just hung up on you. in then end we had two nights in a dirty hotel and no sleep. was not worth the cheaper price, oh and there free shuttle is gross and dirty and smells!!! we drove the next day it was so bad.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Ashley M
I'm very sorry about your experience. The fire alarm situation was a worst case scenario and were able to resolve the alarm issue by the next morning. The alarm malfunctioned that night, and should not be a problem anymore.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#27 of 118 in Anaheim
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,564 reviews
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University

Been to Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!