Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Nice place to stay. Rooms were clean and well taken care of. I am a person of few words but this place was well worth the money.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I planned a trip to Disneyland, and knowing how much money I would spend there, I opted for a cheaper hotel preferably with a shuttle to and from the park. So I found this one. I was a little scared at first because of all the terrible and poor reviews this hotel received. I thought I would give it a shot anyhow, because the price was right. I was pleasantly surprised. At check in, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We stayed 4 nights, but we did have to put down a deposit of $200 for incidentals, which was a surprise, but I understand. The hotel advertised free breakfast, but please make a note that it only includes 2 people. The rest of your party have to pay. Its not listed on the website, however it should be. We proceeded to our room on the fourth floor, room 446 to be exact in the original building, not the tower, which was very clean and smelled nice. My sisters room was nice although smelled a little musty, but it is an older hotel and the smell wasn't overwhelming or anything. The towels and sheets were very clean, the a/c worked great. The bed was super comfortable. The sound on the tv wasn't working but maintenance came up within 10 minutes and fixed it. The breakfast was hot and delicious. The shuttle a God send. Truly. The pool was fabulous, although our last day there we couldn't swim only to a chemical issue, which is fine, things happen and I would rather be told about it than receive some kind of terrible rash. Housekeeping did an awesome job everyday. I found the stay to be better than expected. The staff was very friendly. I would stay here again next time I plan a Disney trip. Had a great vacation and Howard Johnson Fullerton helped make that vacation one of the best ever. Just a quick note, they have an advertisement of a pizza place that delivers called Broadway Pizza. It got terrible reviews and people said the pizza was horrid. I found a place called Luis's Pizza that also delivers to the rooms, had great pizza and wings. Go with Luis's, it was absolutely delicious.

1  Thank BAO1976
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The air went out in my room, I woke up at night to spiders on the ceiling. Was unhappy with my stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Rooms were nice size and clean with comfy beds, but no microwave, free breakfast is only for 2 persons with same menu repeated, kids or family members are charged for breakfast even if you are triple/quadruple sharing. Disney free shuttle is good and timely but does not run from 11 to 5, Free wi-fi is good, Overall economical and ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The room we got was not the room we reserved! The room was dirty and blankets had suspicious stains. Was no where near worth what they charged. We were told by the front desk that we could get what we had reserved for $30 more, then after we said we'd pay they changed it to $60. Luckily we were able to get full refund through expedia

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Clifford B
Reviewed 9 June 2014

They advertise a free breakfast but the truth is they give you two tickets and charged my children. They charged one as an adult. They offered only the basics and had a staff member guarding the sausage and bacon to keep you from taking too much. The hotel is very aged. They have timers on the A/C so the room doesn't get cool enough to sleep. I kept waking up in a pool of sweat after it shut off, over and over again. The front desk and management was oblivious (or just plain didn't care) that the room wasn't comfortable. The other staff was very polite except for the lady running the breakfast, she was rude. There were no ice machines that we could find. There were signs for vending and ice that led us to vending but no ice. The pool towels were covered with women in bikinis with handcuffs and there were statues of naked women in the pool area. (Greek statues, but still naked. I was there for a trip to Disneyland with my children.) I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Stay poolside, the lights from the shopping center are terrible.