“Palate Expanding Experiences Await”
Review of The Twisted Vine

The Twisted Vine
Ranked #19 of 371 Restaurants in Fullerton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Palate Expanding Experiences Await”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is a friend's local hangout, and he has great taste, so I decided to give it a whirl. So glad I did! The menu is easy to pick from, the choices unfussy, and our group's various tastes were completely satisfied. The weekly wine flights offered something I hadn't tried before, and could actually afford to buy, should I want to go there. I appreciated the assistance I got from Chris, who helped me with wine selections. Service was quick. They had an outdoor patio I may try when it warms up a bit, and I definitely plan to be back. Quick Parking Tip - Avoid the big lots, if they look full, and park a few blocks down the street.

• Visited April 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Excelent beer, wine and small plates”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We met up her with friends, based on their recommendation. We ended up staying far longer than we thought, and probably ate way too much, but the beer selection was quite good, the wine selection exceptionally impressive, and very happy we got a table early in the evening as it filled up quickly. While they do offer more entree sized portions, I found the small plates more than adequate, especially when shared among four people.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Steve C
“Great Wine scene in Downtown Fullerton”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Here is the thing about wanting to have a birthday party with 20 or more people: Prices and menus are usually fixed. I searched multiple wine bars in Orange County to host my birthday party:Two 40 South in Brea, Cucina Enoteca in Irvine (to name a couple). All said that they HAD to charge a minimum price with 20% gratuity. I did not mind the gratuity since it was a big party. I minded that the menu was very limited and they were charging a minimum price with the lowest being $32 a person. I was determined to find a place as I wanted something nicer, not Yard House-esqu; while awesome not really "fine dining."

Twisted Vine was willing to work with us. Finally! A place that is willing to work with the customer verses stonewalling! Not only did they work with us but they also gave us the option of not having a set menu if we came in for an early dinner. Done. What the other places failed to realize is that what we did not buy in food, we made up for in glasses of wine.

Jeff (if I remember his name correctly) had an amazing staff on hand. All the food looked appetizing. I ordered the goat cheese medallions along with a salad. The salad was a meal in of itself so it is worth the price. Some of the items may have been a bit pricey but there was plenty of options so it is not a huge issue.

The wine menu was AWESOME. We had several waiters and all of them seemed to know what to recommend. I had a light Pinot Noir to start off with followed by a bold Merlot that went perfectly with my food. They offer a "flight" of wine which is basically 3 glasses of wine for a set price.

The outside courtyard eating area is cute with the lights but there is no view to speak of. Not much of a complaint because we did have the area to ourselves and for how amazing the staff was, it is not the end of the world. Parking can get hectic in the back lot. We got there early so for my big group it was not a problem.

Inside the ambiance was perfect. As the evening wears on, people start to fill in and it has a good vibe. Which is what you look for when going out on a Saturday night. The bar is a nice size but they have tables and a lounging area as well if you prefer that. I know I will definitely come back with just a small group to catch up and have some wine. Everything about the restaurant was inviting.

I cannot stress how accommodating the staff was. They even brought out a dessert for my birthday. With good food, good wine and a very helpful staff, I would recommend trying this place over some of the other wine bars if you have never been to one. Or if you are looking for a different wine bar to patronage.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank mella70
Pasadena, California
“Nice place”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I just came from Twisted Vine where i had a lovely evening. The place has a nice, comfortable atmosphere to it. It has lounge seating; according to my friend, these are Morrissey chairs which are very comfortable, across from the bar and bar height tables near the entrance and seating area at the patio. They have wine and beer selections. Their food is also good, i ordered the Grilled flat bread, my friend ordered the Baked Brie, which were good. Pricey and the bill can add up.

• Visited January 2013
OC, CA
“Wine a plenty!”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Nice environment - if you are looking for cozy, casual and bottles to purchase. A few different wine flights to choose from. If you are not into wine they also have "craft beers" to select from. Try the beef empanadas if you are looking for a bite to eat. YUM, YUM!

Visited December 2012