“Great Atmosphere and place to hang out, plus good coffee and coconut macaroon! (not the french one)”
Review of Layer cake bakery + cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Layer cake bakery + cafe
Cuisines: American
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I LOVE Layer, I am so glad they opened. They did a great job with the huge ceiling and original exposed brick. It is very roomy, lots of seating, nice chairs and tables. A great place to take a large group or just sit and read or do homework for hours without being crowded. I have eaten several things off the menu which is creative, though I think they could knock down each item a couple dollars. I enjoy the coffee, and my latte even had a bear made out of foam once! Young, friendly staff. The pastries could be bigger and cheaper, but I love the large coconut macaroons. NOTE: the French Macaroons are NOT homemade- they are shipped in. So, I don't think that is worth it. Get your macaroons from Botegga Louie in LA- Freshly made! Buying a large slice of cake for $5 is the best deal in the house. So, go get yourself a latte and a slice of cake and enjoy hanging out for a while. Welcome to Fullerton!

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Placentia, CA
“Bakery..yum, cafe yummier”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This place is fairly new. It is in downtown Fullerton. The bakery has amazing cakes, cookies, cupcakes and scones. We had the turkey, avacoda sandwich on ciabatta. It was outstanding. We shared that and shared a salad as well. Great choice. Very tasty and filling. . There is another one on Irvine if that is closer for you.

• Visited June 2013