“Expecting better”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

After retuning from a trip to England, we were craving some good English food. Heard this place was where we should go and decided to give it a try. Atmosphere was nice but I was a little disappointed by the food. You couldn't even see the Pasty, it was drowning in gravy. If I would have known, I would ask for the gravy on the side. Also, I haven't had Yorkshire Pudding since my grandmother passed 10 years ago. I was so excited to finally have some again. Unfortunately it had a burned taste to it. I don't know if it was over cooked or the pan it was cooked in had residuals in it. Boy how I miss a good Yorkshire Pudding. I don't think we will be going back. It's hard to find someone who makes it like grandma =)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

From what my friends from England say, this is a relatively authentic english pub experience one will find locally in North OC.

They are expensive, and the food is good, but not so great so as to say they are any more than average—especially considering the price.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

One feels like they are in London w/ appropriate décor and fixings. Great food at reasonable prices and wide selection of beer/ale. Captain John Paul's meat dish was super and had a delicious gravy(must have been the whiskey used--smile) Waitress was helpful and "Jocular" interacting w/ her guests. Had a nice time and recommend w/o reservations.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great English style pub. Excellent food with large portions. Wonderful atmosphere and Ambiance. Live music.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I visit here often and prefer it for a late lunch as it is small and can get crowded. Love the fish 'n chips, curry and assortment of beers. They have some really good specials and the wait staff has always been helpful regarding the menu items. Warm and cozy just like a pub should be.