“Awesome fish and chips”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am a huge fan of fish and chips. Of course the best fish and chips I've ever had was on Prince Edward Island in Canada, but this place had the next best fish and chips (locally) I'm always on the hunt for good fish and ships.

Cute restaurant! When we first arrived I was a little nervous as the reviews were great, and it wasn't very busy. But shortly the place filled and it was filled with lots of awesome energy, and the service was terrific and the fish and chips were wonderfully. I would recommend and it and definitely go back.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stopped in for lunch while in the area for business and all thought the food was okay, but not great, especially for the price. The single piece of cod was rather large, but I found the tartar sauce and slaw bland. We didn't drink, but I can see where this is probably a great place to have a beer and maybe watch a game. We had higher expectations based on the atmosphere and price.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

After retuning from a trip to England, we were craving some good English food. Heard this place was where we should go and decided to give it a try. Atmosphere was nice but I was a little disappointed by the food. You couldn't even see the Pasty, it was drowning in gravy. If I would have known, I would ask for the gravy on the side. Also, I haven't had Yorkshire Pudding since my grandmother passed 10 years ago. I was so excited to finally have some again. Unfortunately it had a burned taste to it. I don't know if it was over cooked or the pan it was cooked in had residuals in it. Boy how I miss a good Yorkshire Pudding. I don't think we will be going back. It's hard to find someone who makes it like grandma =)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

From what my friends from England say, this is a relatively authentic english pub experience one will find locally in North OC.

They are expensive, and the food is good, but not so great so as to say they are any more than average—especially considering the price.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

One feels like they are in London w/ appropriate décor and fixings. Great food at reasonable prices and wide selection of beer/ale. Captain John Paul's meat dish was super and had a delicious gravy(must have been the whiskey used--smile) Waitress was helpful and "Jocular" interacting w/ her guests. Had a nice time and recommend w/o reservations.