“Quiet and comfortable”

The Hotel Fullerton
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Chose this hotel for its proximity to our daughters med school graduation. Did not read any reviews prior to our stay and had no expectations other than a room with a bed. Staff were welcoming and pleasant while accommodating our early arrival. Decor of hotel and room was modern, clean ,and comfortable. Easy access to the freeway and other amenities in the Fullerton / Brea area.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank BIGDICEGUY
Marson1965, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Bigdiceguy,

At The Hotel Fullerton we strive to exceed your expectations throughout your
entire visit. Thanks for your time and feedback. We are so happy that your had enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your recommendation to all other future guests. Thanks!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed at at the Hotel Fullerton on May 16, 2014, while attending the college graduation for my niece at CSUF. I booked this hotel on Expedia based on reviews and pics. This hotel was ok. It aspires to be fancier than it is. It looks like this used to be a Crowne Plaza and became an independent hotel. The rooms were remodeled recently and have the standard dark wood furniture with flat panel tv, however, there are vestiges of the room prior to the remodel. There are the acoustic ceilings and old ac unit in the wall by the balcony sliding door. When I tried to put the ac on in my first room, it did not work. Hotel maintenance arrived and said it was broken. I had to switch rooms at 1:30 a.m. The second room the ac worked, but those old wall units are super noisy. The bed was comfortable, but I had terrible sleep due to the room switch and noisy ac. The staff were pretty helpful. The restaurant had nice furniture, but the food was mediocre. Free wifi and parking. I did not use the pool. Overall it was decent enough for a night, but nothing special.

Room Tip: Make sure the ac works when you arrive.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Specterlaw
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I found a great deal on a room here for a wedding I was attending down the street. I didn't expect much because of the lower price, but the place was LOVELY!! They're undergoing renovations and put us in a room away from them so we didn't get bothered by noise. The finishings were modern and updated, though the shelf in our shower was wobbly and on the brink of collapse. We didn't get to try the restaurants because they had restrictive hours, but they looked great. And while the location is odd, I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Definitely look at trivago.com for price comparison deals, and book well in advance. It's locate...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here in March of this year (2014) while attending the Natural Expo West Show for work. First off, the people who work here are very nice. That said, check in was very slow even though it wasn't that crowded. I don't know if they have an old system but it was painful. We booked through Booking.com and the girl at the desk couldn't find our reservation at all, nor could the manager who came over to help. Only after I handed over my phone where I pulled up the reservation in my email did they find our reservation on their system.

The room was ok, it was old and not overly clean. Obviously it has been awhile since the rooms were renovated. There were dirt stains on the pillows and the bathroom was not as clean as you find in other places. There was a dirty footprint in the tub so clearly it was not cleaned very well and there was a clump of long black hair on the shower curtain that has probably been there for, oh a decade or so. (see pics)

Toilet was clogged first time we flushed it (maintenance came and fixed fairly quickly). We went to open the patio door and it was unlocked even though there are clear signs saying make sure you lock the door with both locks. And if one of the locks do not work, please call the front desk. Well, both locks didn't work so that was a bit alarming. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone to fix. We had to leave and couldn't wait any longer for someone so we basically left our room with the patio door unlocked which apparently is something management does not recommend. When we got back from the convention it was fixed and locked and we just never opened that door again.

Free shuttle service to the convention center was convenient and appreciated on the way there, but it never showed up at the end of the show to pick us up after we called them and they said they were on the way. After waiting over an hour in the designated area for pick up we had to start walking. Ducked into Tony Roma's for a couple drinks while we waited for the Uber car we had to call.

The breakfast buffet at the restaurant RED next door was ok. Typical buffet fare and a "fresh" omelet chef who couldn't get our eggs right. Maybe it was because he also appeared to be doing everything else there from refilling the buffet food and bussing tables.

Location is the best selling point as it's close enough to the convention center (and Disneyland) but not too overly pricey. We were trying to save our client a little money by not paying the outrageous prices at a hotel closer to the convention center but overall we were not happy/satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Kravid,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 May 2014

this hotel is clean and the people are very nice theres old lady there named sherri she helped me for my whole stay shes wonderful and very nice makes you feel right at home thank you sherri and The Hotel Fullerton for a wonderful stay i will return :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank michelle a
Cplaxfr, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

"great" Thank you for your review, the top score and Sheri's mention. We have already begun to celebrate. Sheri will be the center of attention. Your review is very kind. We all thank you very much and cannot wait for you to return where we will have an opportunity to impress once more. Thank you "great" for your review and the love. We hope to see you again very soon. Tommy

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Loved this hotel. Very easy to find, right off of the freeway. The Check in Staff was super nice and answered all of my questions and I had alot of them! lol The shuttle drivers to and from Disneyland were very helpful giving me directions to other places I wanted to go. I ate at the Bar and Grill, the Waitress/Bartender was fantastic! Beds were comfortable and it was really quiet. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: When you check in, make sure to book your shuttle for Disneyland at that time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

"Trip to See the Yankees” Thank you for the HOME RUN review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is a thrill to read. We continue to make improvements and will work hard to earn your top score again. Our crew thanks you very much for your support. Please visit us again soon and remember to look for the Crowne Plaza Fullerton-Anaheim when you do. Thank you very much. Tommy

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Hotel Fullerton and we will definitely be back. We found their rooms very clean and well appointed, their shuttles safe and comfortable with friendly, accommodating drivers.

We are a Disney loving family and have stayed at a variety of hotels that shuttle to the Park. By far this is the best one we have tried.

We want to especially thank Smit and Leo at the front desk for going the extra mile while we were checking in, and Andrew in maintenance for going the extra mile in his area for us.

We watch for them to come up on Groupon and plan our Disney trips accordingly.

Thanks for the great stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kendra E
Cplaxfr, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

"We will be back!!!" That is what we love to hear. Great Review. Leo, Smit and Andrew have been celebrated for days now. Our team really does thrive on your positive comments and I cannot tell you how far they go in maintaining perspective and moral. We are becoming a Crowne Plaza so upon your return please look for us under our new name Crowne Plaza Fullerton-Anaheim and I promise to continue to work with my team so that we are prepared to capture your top score once again. BTW - As a Crowne Plaza I will not be allowed to participate with Groupon but please rest assured that as part of the IHG system we do offer a lowest internet rate guarantee to assure travelers always get the best price directly from us guaranteed. You may also e-mail me at tommy.spencer@cpfullerton.com for a direct connect. Thanks again "We will be back" Is that a Terminator reference? I love it. Thanks Tommy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel

Been to The Hotel Fullerton? Share your experiences!