“A Pleasant Stay”

The Hotel Fullerton
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed here back in March when a friend and I were taking a trip to Disneyland. For what we paid for (we found a groupon deal), the hotel met our expectations. Location wise, it is right next to the high way so driving is convenient and they also provided a shuttle to Disneyland (make sure you sign up ahead of time). The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable. The only thing I would complain about (but this wasn't the hotel's fault) was the noise we heard from the rooms next door (they were not PG rated), but otherwise it was a good stay and we would be back again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HCY64, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

A Pleasant Stay

Thanks for taking your time and recommendation us to other future guests.
I really appreciate your positive feedback and I will definitely share your review with my team.
Looking forward to see you in the near future!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The bed was great but the experience left much to be desired. Through no fault of ours, our hotel in another city was given away late at night when we arrived. We had to find another hotel which was not easy on a recent Saturday night. After several hours of driving around and calling hotels we arrived in Anaheim and an very helpful night clerk found us a reservation at Hotel Fullerton. This was approx 2:30am. We were told we had 15 min to arrive or the room would be given away. We were not asked for a credit card. We arrived within 15 minutes, paid $250. plus $25 tax for a total of $275 for the room. At 3am I called down and said the internet did not work. They told me it ahd been rebooted. It still did not work nor did it work at 8 am. We departed at 8:30.
Upon arriving home we attempted to call the hotel and question why the rates were so high as they are not anywhere near that price on their website. I left a voice mail for the manager Charles Yang and attempted to call back for several days only to have his voice mail box "be full". I left a message on Jenny, assistant manager's voice mail too. Neither message was ever returned nor was my email to the hotel. After several days of finding "full mail boxes" when I called I spoke at length with Brittany, the front desk supervisor, who told me she would put me in an email loop to both of the above people. She told me the room rate was based on "supply and demand" and after numerous emails I finally got the same info back from Jenny. I was not satisfied with that answer and my note about no internet was never acknowledged. I just feel the price was exhorbitant and the way I was treated with no return phone calls was handled very poorly. Additionally, being told I had "15 minutes to arrive at 2:30 am" was strange when no credit card was requested at all by Alex. I will never ever stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donna E
HCY64, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Donna,

Thank you for taking your time to give us some feedback regarding your previous visit to the Anaheim-Fullerton area. We appreciate all the comments and feedback that guests have to offer.

We apologize that the rate for our rooms are not as you want it to be. Room rates fluctuate; the room rate around the area for that particular day was average at $300 plus tax a night. Rate is publish on the registration card upon check in and are acknowledge by guests' signature prior to receiving a key to the room.

We do feel sorry that this review was based on the AGREED ROOM RATE. If you have any other services comment or feedback, you're more than welcome to let us know.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights. We chose this hotel because most hotels in LA had been either full or ridiculously expensive due to the holiday season. There were plenty of parking space.

Service was not very good as we waited for a while for check-in even though the front desk was not very busy. Moreover, WiFi was not automatically provided during check-in. We need to call the front desk when we later discovered that no password was provided in the room. In addition, housekeeping only provided us with bath towels on the second day and didn't provide hand towels and the smaller towels (she simply took them away).

We were allocated a room in the ground floor. It was reasonably clean but some small insects were found. The room conveniently provides a refrigerator. Bathtub is clean enough to use. Conditions of the room were good in general. However, toilet was clogged for once while we stayed here. Called front desk and it was resolved.

To sum up, though the hotel passed the basic benchmarks. it is expensive given the value received, I don't think it should be a choice for smart travelers, unless no other choices are available.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room in higher floors, as some bugs were found our room which was in the ground fl...

Dear Divine F,

Thanks for writing us the review. I do really appreciate your feedback and observations. I will definitely look into it and correct them immediately. The room rate is always base on the demand from the market, I feel sorry that you have paid in the peak season. If I may suggest you, book ahead of time can save you money, please try our website to book as advance purchase to receive big discount.
Again, Thanks to your time.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Last night was my first time staying at the Hotel Fullerton after I found it with a good price on Hotel Tonight. I decided to venture out of my normal hotel zone near Disneyland and check this place out. As a business traveler it seemed to have everything you might need including an on-site restaurant, bar, laundry, etc.

Overall my experience was pretty good with the exception of the air conditioner which would not cool the room for me. The room was hot. The air conditioning in my room did not really cool down the room being on full blast for 8 hours. It made it less hot, but that just made it good enough to sleep moderately OK.

Pros:
On-Site Restaurant
Friendly staff that I met
My room was quiet for being next to the freeway
Free WiFi

Cons:
Bad Air Conditioning
Nothing within walking distance

Overall I say its a good place to stay for a business traveler or a small family visiting the area. If your AC works better than mine did you will have a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The sixth floor (Club level) requires a room key to access. If you have friends coming and going thi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Casey M,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We strive to ensure all of our guests needs are met and we are pleased to know that the service you received and the wifi were to your liking and contributed to making your stay that much more comfortable. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the air conditioner. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I traveled to Fullerton on July 14 with my daughter for Troy Hight School visiting. We found Hotel Fullerton by the school staff recommendation. This is a very well maintenance hotel. Front desk was very professional housekeeping staff was very friendly smiling face. Our room was perfectly clean...
I definitely stay her next time when i come to this area.

Room Tip: Restaurant is great.
1  Thank Jenkrist

Dear JenKrist,

Thanks for taking time to send your feedback to us, we really appreciate your positive review and I would definitely share your comment with all my team.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed here when my sister had her graduation from CSUF. I had a very pleasant stay. Lots of great amenities. I know where I'm staying if I need to go to Fullerton again. As an aside, Fullerton's got a great nightlife but when I got back to the hotel, it was so nice to enjoy a trouble-free night (very quiet in the hotel).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Marson1965, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Keith,

At The Hotel Fullerton we strive to exceed your expectations throughout your
entire visit. We really appreciate you to take time to give us a review. Especially a positive review, I am sure all my staff will be encouraged by your review and we looking forward to see you soon!

Charles

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Visited this property by join my neice college graduation party and stayed a night on 6/28/14. If you have business or personal events in Los Angeles or Orange Co. area, this property is ideal. The environment is comfortable and the rooms are quiet and clean. The hotel is located pretty close to the freeway and Disney and Angels Stadium. Very nice restaurant, Bar, courtyard.... The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall this is a very modern updated hotel...

Room Tip: 5th floor is quieter

Dear Claire,

Thanks for your review! A positive review means a lot to me, especially all my staffs.
I do see you had enjoyed our executive floor with all special amenities.
I appreciate your recommendation to all others. We wish to see you again soon!

Charles

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

Been to The Hotel Fullerton? Share your experiences!