“Best Hotel Stay In The Area”

Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

First, let me start off by saying that I read all the negative reviews and was a little concerned about booking a stay here. I am use to nice rooms with lots of amenities and did not want a shabby, run down hotel in need of repairs or refurbishments. The Hotel looks nice from the outside when you drive up. I'm thinking, this looks great. I check in and was greeted by the friendliest front desk staff I have had in a very long time. The young man was very accomodating to my request for a poolside room. The room was not outdated for my taste and was very clean. The King bed was very comfortable. The grandkids, age 6-8, enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. I recomend the buffet breakfast which had a very good assortment of fruit, ceral, pastries, meats, potatoes, belgin waffles with strawberries & blueberries, & cooked to order eggs or omlets. I will definately make this my stay when going to Disneyland in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bako
Kimberly R, Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Dear bako,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you were able to experience our property for yourself. Our team does a wonderful job of accommodating all of our guests needs. We know how important it is for guests to feel comfortable and relaxed when traveling.
I appreciate you mentioning some of your favorite amenities that we offer. The restaurant that we have on property serves breakfast, lunch and dinner so that you can satisfy your hunger needs any time of day.

We hope to see you back for your next Disney trip!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Excellent location right off the 57 freeway, about 10-15 minutes from Disneyland. Less than 10 minutes from Arrowhead Pond and Angels Stadium. Good breakfast buffet and staff. Front desk manager Nora gave us great dining recommendation! We will be back...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Richard R
Kimberly R, Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Richard R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I appreciate you mentioning some of the wonderful attractions that are located near us. The Honda Center (formally known as Arrowhead Pond) hosts many hockey games, concerts and shows. The Angels Baseball Stadium is always great to visit for an good ‘ol American pastime.

I hope Nora's recommendation was delicious! See you again very soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

In Brea for work, we stayed at the Marriott Fullerton for 3 nights. As a loyal Marriott Platinum Elite Member, I try to stay at Marriott facilities during travels. Unfortunately, this choice was a mistake.

Unfortunately, this facility is very old and has not been renovated in quite some time. Beds were in touch shape (my back hurt for 3 days), the bathrooms were dark and old, and ventilation in rooms was limited.

Staff was not the best, with exception of evening Concierge Lounge host (Shirley?). She was outstanding and one of the only reasons why I may go back to this facility once renovated. Overall, not a pleasant stay and I would suggest looking for other options in Fullerton until this facility is renovated.

Room Tip: Tried two and neither were good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank softballmom18

Dear softballmom18,

First and foremost, thank you for going out of your way to write a review on your recent stay with us. Second, I would like to apologize that your stay was not up to par. As a Platinum Elite Member, we understand how much time and commitment you dedicate to Marriott’s. I agree that our property has experienced some ware and tear, with that being said, we are in the process of planning major renovations.

We would love for the opportunity to make things right. Please feel free to contact us so that we can have the opportunity exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Right on campus, so you can simply & safely walk anywhere on campus - really convienient for us as our family is from the UK & our son has travelled to be a Freshman at the University. The hotel is a reasonable standard, rooms good although could use a fridge. The gym & pool are modest in size, however very clean & with modern facilities & equipment. The hotel bar & restuarant are a good standard too. Student discount made the cost affordable. Easy parking & access to all routes made this all round good experience.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear MB19,

Wow, I am sure the trip from the UK to the US was long and hectic. Luckily, you enjoyed a clean and comfortable stay that allowed you watch your son begin his new endeavor at Cal State Fullerton.

I am happy to see that our amenities such as our: restaurant, parking and pool really put the cherry on top of your trip. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Parking was a breeze and the hotel easy to navigate. Hotel front desk were very helpful in getting our room checked in quickly. They had a large group check in at the same time, yet were willing to help us

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear TravelingDeuce,

I appreciate your review; it was short and “suite”. I am most glad to read that the team assisted you even with a large group checking in.

Come back again soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is an older Marriott sorely in need of updating. That said, the staff were very welcoming, breakfast was great, and the artwork in the rooms (well done photos of 1970s scenes at Cal State) was cool and a bit retro.

This is an older property. The lobby, corridors, restaurant, and rooms need to come into the 21st century. But the great wait staff in the restaurant and behind the front desk lead to my recommendation.

Room Tip: None to offer. I overlooked a roof at the highway. The older through wall AC unit did allow highwa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This Marriott is a bit aged. The first sign is always the elevators. If they are slow with big buttons like an arcade game, you know you are in 70's territory.

My first room could get wifi reception as it was on the edge of the signal. After waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes or so, I got a replacement room which worked fine.

The hotel is very convenient to 57 and CSU, obviously that's the draw. It is clean and I always check for bed bugs. My check, which entails taking off the sheets and looking under the mattress revealed no BBs, but the mattress was clearly stained with what was either wine or blood...I'll go with wine since it helped me sleep better.

The staff is generally friendly and accommodating. Karina at the front desk was very kind. I paid $149 for a standard room with 2 beds.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fluid164
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
Holiday Inn Express Fullerton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Chase Suite Hotel Brea

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!