“Mexican Food with a Twist” 4 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Placentia, California, United States
“Mexican Food with a Twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I love the food here. Usually get something for breakfast or lunch from here at least once a week or more. While I haven't tried everything, I'd rate their shredded beef tacos, carnitias burrito and Chile rellenos tops! Their rice is mild, but very favorable. If you order a combo plate, taco chips and a glob of guacamole are included. The breakfast burrito is to die for. I get the bacon, egg, potato, re-fried bean with fresh salsa version. It is so large, I ask for it to be cut in half, and I share it with my wife. They offer two sauces, a hotter red, and a milder green. I like the green. The prices are reasonable. The drive thru line is usually long, so you may think of parking and placing your order inside. If there is a downside, it would be the seating at this location. Not a regular comfortable, sit-down type like El Torito's, but more of a Taco Bell style.

• Visited December 2013

Anaheim, California
“Best carne asada”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

The carne asada all meat burrito is the best I've had, it was fresh and flavorful.. The breakfast burrito is not bad. The hot sauce is pretty good. The drive-thru is not a good idea unless you have been inside and tried a few things before. It is hard to understand and see the menu board. I will keep going back to try other things.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Third rate trash”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This place is horrible! I read a ton of positive reviews on another review site and thought I'd give this place a try.

I went to the drive-thru and ordered some chicken taco's. First off, the menu board on the drive-thru was pathetic, it's not clear or well lit at all. It's just a long list of items, I'm talking 30+ easily.

Then while examining the list of items to make my choice (First time customer) the person taking my order kept rushing me. I took no more than 30 seconds and twice was asked if I am ready. Rude.

Since nothing is labeled clearly, I ended up order way too much food - 4 taco's for a bit over $13. Rip-off.

As for the food, it was plain. Just some chicken on two soft shell taco's and some pico de gallo. The taco's were massive, so yes you will be more than full - I could barely eat 2 on an empty stomach. However they are rather plain, and the hot sauce that comes with them is not hot at all. I've had taco bell sauce that has more spice to it.

Ah yes, one more thing. The lady giving people their change/receipt dropped the guys change in front of me when handing it to him. I thought it may have been a simple mistake. Next she dropped mine as well! Is it that hard to hand over a couple of coins?

I won't be going back.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank KumarRUSA
Bucharest, Romania
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

A fast food with awful food and no atmosphere

Places like this make you change your opinion about Mexican food.

Just go somewhere else.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank neaOvy
South Mississippi
“Shocked!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

This is probably the best Mexican food I've ever had. While here (5 days) I was told by 3 different people to go there. GREAT CHOICE! The only problem is that they won't take credit cards and they charge you for shopping with them if you use a debit card. I don't understand that logic. I could have bought hundreds of dollars of food for my crew and customers had they done this small feat. Other than that, food is great and service is great. Definitely eat here while you're here.

Visited August 2012