“Fine Dining and Chinese”
Review of Cadillac Wok

Cadillac Wok
Ranked #14 of 20 Restaurants in Garberville
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great Sesame, and General Tso, and I love the wonton soup. it was often a sense of relief and the white rice helped me from starving while waiting for my paycheck.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I was concerned before going based on the less than favorable reviews however when you're traveling through small towns and prefer veggie Asian food you often don't have many choices. Both Chinese entrees and the Tai curry dish and soup had fresh vegetables and was served hot and fast with ample portions. Not a Cadillac but definitely a very good meal.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This place was horrible. Our food was cold...probably just nuked...not fresh at all. Half of my fried rice was egg...yuck! Mongolian beef was tough...almost like beef jerky. So much for my craving for chinese food! Where's Panda Express when you need one!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Had a weekend at the Benbow Inn nearby and didn't want to eat dinner at the Inn every night. The concierge recommended a place in Garberville, but it was closed. There seemed to be only a couple of bars open, then we found this place.

The interior is rather funky -- a large, old building, high ceilings. It was cold inside, and we kept our jackets on. (Well, it was COLD everywhere the weekend we were there.)

Service was fine and friendly. We didn't wait long for the food. And there were a LOT of people (we guessed locals) coming in for take-out or ordering take-out at the counter.

The food isn't great, but it certainly isn't bad. It's pretty standard Chinese fare. The shrimp chow mein was quite good. Sweet and sour pork was standard. Spring rolls were good. Won ton soup was average. Fried rice was okay.

And the prices are right, as you'd expect from a Chinese restaurant.

So, no complaints. And we were all happy, considering we weren't expecting a gourmet meal.

I'd go back.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

It was recommended to go here by the receptionist at the Best Western in Garberville. There were not many choices but next time I will get pizza. The food was not healthy with lots of grease and batter in the appetizers. The meat looked unfamiliar like it was not chicken or pork as the menu claimed.
My main issue with this place is that they allow begging right in front of the door of the restaurant. My husband is handicapped and has limited mobility and some blindness. They were standing right in front of the handicapped parking with 2 dogs one being a pit bull. They didn't offer to move so to avoid stepping on a dog and getting attacked my husband had to walk all the way around the car. The walking area was narrow and he has big feet so it was difficult for him. He also has neuropathy and if he had fallen and scraped his legs, it could have led to an infection and a law suit for this restaurant.
After we finally got into the car, they asked for cash. I said absolutely, no, and the lady looked directly into my car with pleading eyes trying to influence me. This made us feel very uncomfortable and I didn't sleep all night thinking of what really could have happened. .