“Disgusting!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Garberville
Sherwood Forest Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Garberville
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Had arrived in Garberville before check-in, the guy at the front desk was nice enough to check us in but we couldn't get in the room until 3:30pm. After a mediocre lunch we went back to the hotel. The odor that hit me as I opened the door nearly knocked me off my feet. The room was awful, furniture rundown, stained, torn/broken. The bathroom was scary. Thought it to be rather funny that an envelope was sitting on the table so I could tip the maid, LOL! Due to respiratory issues I could not stay at this hotel. Lucky me! I was able to get a refund, short $5.60. Had paid $71.20, the room is not worth more than $25.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenp65

Reviewed 20 February 2013

My wife and I had been on a motorcycle tour for a number of days and began to tire of camping. It was getting late and we decided to get a room instead of trying to find a spot to camp in the dark. I wasn't expecting much but everything was really worn out and sketchy. All the furniture was beat up and dirty. Even all the lamp shades were torn and stained. I would have forgiven this if the room was around $50 or so, but we ended up paying around $80. The worst was the shower. I could tell that there had been previous flood damage which was no surprise since when I turned on the water, the shower head sprayed all over the ceiling and leaked out on the bathroom floor.
If you have the option, move on. Saw some great looking motels along the Valley of the Giants just north of Garberville.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Zak78
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My partner and I were back packing Northern California this summer and stopped in Garberville to visit some friends and family. We decided it would be alright to check in to the Sherwood for a night. The room was nice, We had our television turned down, treated the owners with respect, and left the room undamaged and clean. We got up the next morning on time and had our back packs outside the door while we were making sure the room looked alright before we checked out. An older man ended up coming down very upset and telling we needed to leave immediately. I asked him why, and his answer was: "Because I've been up the past 60 hours dealing with you kind of people!" I understand that Garberville California has quite a few transiets and homeless, but that is no reason to treat your guest that have paid,with such disrespect because of our way of adventure! Thank you for reading my opinion on this motel, and to be honest I grew up there and the best hotel's to stay at are The Best western, Dean Creek ( A little ways into Redway, only another 10 min north of Garberville) and The Benbow Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank amber m
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

After staying in a number of this type of motels this was the worst value for money. We had a room smelling of cigarettes and when I told the person at the desk before taking the room he said no it wouldn't smell, but it did. The shower was lousy too. The guy on the desk unhelpful. No breakfast or coffee in the office. While overall not expensive it had no off season price so others we stayed in in similar places were much better.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Very clean rooms. They actually wash their sheets, blankets, and towels. The towels were thick and big not dingy like other motels. The rooms could use a little updating but overall very comfortable. If we could have stayed in that room our entire vacation I would have loved it.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We pulled off of highway 101 into Garberville by mistake and since the sun was setting we decided to look for a motel. The Sherwood Forest Motel looked clean and neat from the outside, so we gave it a try. The lobby and rooms smelled clean, which is a plus and probably a challenge in a dusty town like Garberville. I was pleaasantly surprised at the reasonable cost for the room, during peak season.
Beds were acceptable, although I recommend bringing your own pillows, since theirs are bit too thin. Water in the showers was hot and plentiful enough for two people.

Room Tip: Room 38 on the north side was very quiet, but I'll bet the ones on the west side of the property...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I made a huge mistake and that is what lead us to this motel. I was not sure were we would be in the redwoods at night so did not make a reservation anywere. It did not acure to me that it was memorial weekend. So all the good hotels were booked and this was the only one that had rooms. I know why now. The room was very old and run down. The room was dirty. It looked like the door had been kicked in because the wood was split in door way. but it would lock so we stayed. when pulled back the sheets on one of the beds there was sticks and stuff in it. One of the queen beds were sunk in in the middle. lets just say I debated sleeping in the car.....I hope they have better rooms than this. i did not use the pool or hot tub but my hubby said it was not hot at all,

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garberville
Benbow Historic Inn
Dean Creek Resort
Dean Creek Resort
#1 of 1 in Redway
The Shelter Cove Oceanfront Inn

Been to Sherwood Forest Motel? Share your experiences!