“Very Basic, Fine for us”
Review of Garberville Motel

Garberville Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Garberville
Portland, Oregon
“Very Basic, Fine for us”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We hadn't made any hotel reservations when we rolled into Garberville on a Saturday evening in July. We asked two other hotels whether they had two rooms available and they didn't, this one did and they were fine. It's not fancy at all but it was clean and it was quiet at night.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brush Prairie, Washington
Reviewed 14 July 2013

When we arrived in Garberville,Ca., after driving through the Redwoods and sightseeing most of the day, we were tried and needed a comfortable break for the evening. The only large motel was a Best Western the was full up for the night with Cowboys from a local Rodeo the was on that night. So, we toured the other three motels in town, going into each one and looking at a room that would take us and our medium sized lab dog. This one was the winner by far, the others had smelly rooms and lousy beds. This one has decent, clean rooms with good firm mattresses. Everything worked well and we had no complaints. It was quiet, too. Just know up front that they did not offer shampoo, conditioner, or lotion. The soap was there, however. It had a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. We were comfortable for the night and went off in the evening to have some fun at their local Rodeo!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karene16
Lafayette, California
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night with my husband, son and our small dog on our way north. Plus is that it is pet friendly. The people who run this establishment are very nice. The motel is sketch, but we were looking for a room that takes dogs very late at night, so we took what we could get. If you don't expect much, you won't be dissapointed. It's a room, not a vacation destination. The bathroom was clean, but the shower had a ridiculously low ceiling, I'm 5'-7" and I nearly had to duck. My husband is 6'-4" and I don't know how he managed in that thing.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Gabrielle M

Travellers are raving about these Garberville hotels

Ukiah, California
Reviewed 9 February 2013

nice and clean rooms and quite, friendly wee were on a trip and like the motel and will stay there again. The service was nice and location is EZ. to fine. Near by the redwoods in garberville. And that allowed pets and they have smokeing room and non smoking rooms

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jon558
California
Reviewed 1 December 2012

It was getting late on a Saturday night, and my husband and I were on Highway 101 heading south, and came upon Garberville...and the Garberville Motel. It looked ok from the outside, so we took a room. As we approached the room, we saw mismatched office furniture being used as "outdoor" seating. We entered the room and were appalled. Dark, dingy, smelly. I turned back the bedspread (taking care not to touch it too much) and saw DIRTY sheets, and the blanket with stains on it. SO GROSS. Same with the other bed. The carpet was ripped and awful. We went to the front desk and said sorry, but the room is very dirty, and without any hesitation the man gave us our money back. It was really a very very bad place, and I think I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank N R
UTAH
Reviewed 17 October 2012

The Best Western price was ridiculous, so we were looking around to find a place that allowed pets. The cost was decent but the room was dirty, and carpet was gross. They had a fridge, microwave and table with 2 chairs. It was actually quite crowded with the 2 double beds. In a pinch and we had our dog with us, we might HAVE to stay there again but it definately wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The only good thing is that a room was available and I was desperate as all other places I tried for miles and miles were booked. I got one of the last two rooms. The room smelled very strongly of smoke (although it and all others in the building were non-smoking), The sheets and blankets had tears and holes, the cover on the box spring was filthy dirty, the refrigerator did not appear to work, the knobs on the microwave were missing (though I would not have touched food in that room), there was no shower head, the toilet appeared new and clean, but was not bolted to the floor. It's the kind of place you leave all your stuff in the car, sleep in your clothes and get out as soon as possible. To be fair, in the light of day, it appeared that the other buildings have been painted and had the roofs replaced more recently than this building, so I'd hope that it was just bad luck to get a bad room that was about to be rehabbed, but if so, it would have been good to hear that when paying. I had no other option other than sleeping in the car which, in retrospect,may well have been a better choice,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank David C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garberville
Benbow Historic Inn
Humboldt Redwoods Inn
Humboldt Redwoods Inn
#1 of 1 in Garberville
The Shelter Cove Oceanfront Inn

Been to Garberville Motel? Share your experiences!