“Don't Do It!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Garberville
Otis, CO
“Don't Do It!”
Reviewed 26 March 2010

Very dirty. Booked three rooms and they all were lacking in one thing or another. Didn't feel unsafe, just didn't feel comfortable cause it was of questionable cleanliness. Registration office smelled liked cooking food. Find another place in town for the same money, you'll be happier...I know we would have been. Just good enough to close your eyes and wait for morning.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank onehungrygirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Southern California
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I stayed in room 115 and for the price of 45 plus tax, I felt it was a good value. The room was quite large compared to other two bed rooms I have stayed in, larger than the average Motel 6 room. Two queen beds rather than full was nice. The room was clean with no discernible odors and the bathroom was immaculate. The TV worked, although it is kinda small (19 inch). there is high speed internet on a LAN cable, with a long enough cable to reach the bed. The man at the desk was nice enough, I think he was the owner, based on the names on the sign in the room.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Humboldt county
Reviewed 10 September 2008

The room was standard for a mediocre US motel. The rate of $55 incl. tax was neither low nor too high for this area.

My experience of the motel suffered the most when the front-desk person, Vim, refused my simple request of storing my baggage there for a few hours the morning I left.

Vim admitted there was no reason not to store my things, except that it was their policy, and that they didn't want to be responsible. Even though I remained polite, Vim eventually got angry that I persisted with my very simple request.

I pointed out that the door to the front office was locked 24/7. (Even in the middle of the day, all business is transacted through a little window in the office.)

I had told him when I checked in that I would very probably be interested in staying for a week. But Vim still refused to hold my bags for me for a while even though it meant his losing about $350, the amount I would've spent on a week's rent. Which seems pretty crazy to me.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — employee's uncalled-for obstinacy / poor customer service
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank JetSetter17

Travellers are raving about these Garberville hotels

Ashby-de-la-Zouch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2007

This place has obviously cleaned up its act since the very negative report it received in 2006. Though not up to the standard of the best chain motels, standards of cleanliness and presentation are perfectly satisfactory. For the money - $75 for a large room - it represents quite satisfactory value for money. Heating and air-con worked well and the bathroom was fit for purpose. Beds were comfortable and the linen well laundered. The best feature is that, although it is on the main 101 through the town, it is quiet.

• Liked — Quiet yet on a main road
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA
Reviewed 8 January 2007

Very unproffessional staff. Very dirty.. Next door resturaunt the worst place I've ever eatten!! Wouldn't reccommend to anyone!!!

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank adventureonly
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 September 2006

The Garberville Motel is inexpensive. I think we paid $59 for a room with two double beds. However, it is also one of those places where you hesitate to remove your shoes because the carpet is so dirty. There was a lso a broken window and the place looked as if it had not been cleaned in a long time. This is a problem you are more likely to see with some of the smaller motels where there is no housekeeping staff. If there is any cleaning to be done, the owners do it...or don't. There was lots of black mildew in the shower and windowsills all had thick layers of dirt and dust. The doors also had lots of dirty fingerprints.

That said, we slept fine and it was very quiet until our neighbors got up in the morning. When they atarted talking, we could almost follow their converstion from our room. I'm glad we slept through the night, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — filth
  • Tips/Secrets — try the Benbow Inn or Best Western
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Portlandia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garberville
Benbow Historic Inn
Humboldt Redwoods Inn
Humboldt Redwoods Inn
#1 of 1 in Garberville
The Shelter Cove Oceanfront Inn

Been to Garberville Motel? Share your experiences!