Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Anaheim Marriott Suites(Garden Grove)
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Orange County(Garden Grove)
  • Pool
Legacy Inn and Suites(Garden Grove)
View Hotel
All reviewsclub levelacross the streetfront deskparking feeshuttle servicestarbucks coffeefree internetper daypool and hot tubnear disneyclean hoteljoe's crab shackdisney shuttlelaundry roomred robinafter a long dayspg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Sheraton Garden Grove was more upscale than many of Sheraton’s properties. Staff at check-in were friendly.My room was clean and modern. When I went for a glass of wine at the bar, no staff was present, and it was at least 10 minutes before anyone appeared. They were other people also waiting in the bar. When I asked if the wine was “oaked” or not, she had no idea what that meant. The glass of Sauvignon Blanc I had was one of the worst I have had in a long time. When I checked in, I told them I had a car parked at the hotel. When I was departing the next day, my ticket did not work in the exit machine to raise the bar, and said I first needed to pay $12. In a hurry to get to my work, I paid with my credit card. Since I had elected to have my folio sent by email, it wasn’t until I got home that I saw that they had already charged me for the parking. Thus I emailed the hotel about the duplicate billing, and asked if that was intentional, knowing that some people would not notice or not take the time to get it corrected. I received a response indicating they would credit me for the double billing but there was no reply as to whether this was intentional. Possibly it was operator error (me) but I would have thought they would have responded to that question.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We appreciate the kind words about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel, and assure you that the parking charge error was not on purpose. Our staff are not incentivized on any revenue basis and in fact are documented for making mistakes such as these, as we have to make adjustments.
As can be seen from hundreds of other reviews, this has not been mentioned before and making sure it never happens again will be a top priority.
Our customer service scores rank among the very highest among Sheraton's across North America and we stand behind the team here.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 days during the 4th of July weekend! It was a really nice hotel, it was busy but granted its down the street from Disneyland but the staff were friendly and helpful. We had to pay for the shuttle from our hotel to Disney-$3 per person, worth it since we didn't want to have to pay for parking for 2 cars and they dropped us off pretty close to the entry way. We had booked via hotwire and so we didn't have a choice in the bedding, we had reserved 4 rooms which all with came with king beds but when we got there we asked for 2 queens for 2 of the rooms and there wasn't any available, they told us to check in the morning but instead we just asked for a roll away that night which was $10 a night but since they didn't have 1 our first night they comp'd it for the 2nd night which was nice but everything cost..so be careful. Overall we enjoyed our rooms, it was clean, roomy and comfortable and everyone was nice. we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We appreciate the feedback and recommendation. We do recommend booking directly with Sheraton as we have many special offers, and the room type can be guaranteed. In addition, if you sign up for our loyalty program you can earn points for every $.50 spent at the hotels!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is my second time staying at this location and chose it because we had such a positive experience and we didn't want to pay extra to stay at the Hyatt where my daughters dance competition was being held. I must say this was a very good choice!

From the moment we walked in to check into our room we were greeted by warm friendly staff who quickly got us checked in and got us a bell hop to gather our stuff and bring it to our room. Every time we left or returned to the hotel we were greeted by the staff. They truly enjoy having happy customers.

The daily parking is a decent price compared to my friends who stayed at the Hyatt (where it's $20 a day) the only glitch is the room key doesn't always work with the gate. No worries the front desk took care of it and told me to just pull a ticket or push the button on the exit to get the gate opened. I have a feeling this happens a lot and the best they could do is apologize and give a solution.

Over all I would stay here again even if I was going to visit Disneyland with my family. They are in a great location with plenty of restaurants (and a Target across the street which has Disney stuff!) within walking distance and a shuttle that can take you to Disneyland.

Room Tip: SPG members are on the 6th floor which is nice
1  Thank swithygirl
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

This is terrific news! We appreciate the recommendation as we have tried vey hard to improve our customer service and I'm glad it showed. We are currently among the top tier of all Sheratons in North America for our service scores. We'll work on the parking gate/key issue and thank you for bringing that to our attention.
Very best,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here during our trip to Disneyland and everything was great! Loved the breakfast in the club, the beds were really comfortable and the staff were all really friendly. The shuttle left for Disney every half hour and was always right on time. I would highly recommend this hotel for families and it would be great for business, too.

1  Thank Iowa86

Well this is great to hear! We appreciate the recommendation and hope to be of service in the future! Many of our guests to enjoy the Club level with full hot American buffet, and walking distance to many other great restaurants.
The Garden Grove team

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Been staying at both Sheraton and Crowne Plaza for visiting Disneyland. Room is very similar but Sheraton seems to be better in terms of price. However be aware that Parking is $12 and shuttle $3 and no breakfast compare to the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Chris_Halderson-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Garden Grove - Anaheim South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We appreciate the recommendation. We do try to keep our parking fee less than the other area hotels. Always check before staying at any hotel in the area. Some have 'resort fees' to cover parking or internet, some parking fee, and others limited service with no fees.