“Great place to stay!”

Days Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at several places along Harbor Boulevard when visiting Disneyland, and this has been my favorite. Certainly got the most bang for my vacation dollar! The rooms are pretty new and very clean, and the beds are very comfortable!

Everyone from David at the front desk to the housekeeping staff were courteous and helped make my stay most enjoyable. I will definitely stay here on my next visit to SoCal!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was the first time I have stayed at this property but have passed by it many times in the past.

Check-in and check-out were quick and efficient with friendly staff. I was reminded that it is strictly a non-smoking hotel and that I was allowed no visitors. I had to sign a credit card charge of $100 as a deposit in case I violated the smoking and visitor ban. It is supposed to be automatically reversed after checkout but I have not yet reviewed my credit card statement. Accidents happen.

The room was pleasantly furnished although simple. The bed was comfortable although the pillows were somewhat lumpy. The clothes hangers were metal and not removable at all from the supporting bar. It made it very difficult to hang anything larger than a tie because of the narrow closet space. It had a refrigerator, microwave oven, hair dryer, ironing board and iron. It addition it had a flat screen television.

My particular television would not allow me to change channels at first but I finally figured out the issue. The problem was the cable box was mounted on the reverse side of the television so the cable box sensors were not available to use unless one took the remote and moved in close and to the side of the television where the cable box was visible. The air conditioning was a wall mounted unit but cover for the controls on mine was broken and kept falling off. The most worrisome problem with the room was the failure of the automatic door closure to completely close the door. I mentioned this to the front desk on the first evening I was there and was promised maintenance would look at it. Apparently looking at it was all they did because when I left three days later, it still would not close properly. Since I was aware of the problem I made sure the room door was completely closed when entering or leaving but I worried that the maids would miss it and thus leave all of my personal belongings unsecured. Fortunately, it was always locked when I returned to my room.

There appears to be sufficient parking and it is well lit so security did not seem to be an issue. It was relatively location as well quiet as well which surprised me since a major hospital is just a block away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again! We booked a two night stay with them on a popular online hotel website. Later we added one night to the beginning of the trip and pre-paid in advance for everything. Upon arriving we found the room to be ridiculously disappointing. The toilet was dirty, the room stank of cigarette smoke, the workmanship of repairs in the room could only have been done by a child or a seriously inebriated individual. Disneyland was the focus of our trip not the hotel so we figured we would survive the little time we would be there. The next morning we found "breakfast" to be little more than a few pieces of bruised fruit so plan to buy breakfast elsewhere. After a long day at Disneyland we returned to the hotel and our room keys didn't work. We went to the office and were informed that our two children, ages 12 and 14, were considered ADULTS and there would be an additional charge of $45 since we had additional adults in the room????? We argued the absurdity of the situation with the hotel staff who called the manager. The manager would not back down and insisted we pay the $45 for additional ADULTS. We argued with the hotel staff again and he once again called the manager who only agreed to call us in the morning to discuss the issue and the hotel staff then reactivated our room cards. I then called the online hotel website through whom the room was booked. They confirmed the reservation was booked with two adults and two children ages 12 and 14. They agreed an adult is 18 years of age and older not 12 years and older. They promised to call the hotel manager in the morning to discuss the issue and said they would credit us the cost if they could not convince the hotel manager that an additional charge for a 12 and 14 year old ADULT was wrong. I hope this gets fixed and the manager learns some customer service but regardless of what happens I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandon F
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I keep coming back to this hotel as is one of my favorites in the Anaheim area. Hotel is clean, pretty quiet, hotel amenities are great plus they always provide great value price. As my other reviews, everything is in good working condition. The hotel added TWC HD programming to their TVs , nice touch if you are staying in the room while resting.

I must say David in the front desk always offers exceptional customer services and was able to satisfy my requests during my stay. Thanks!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor a quieter from noise from the street.