Stayed here for 5 nights. Barely adequate.
I just stayed previously at the Homewood Suites Carlsbad for 4 nights- it was a much more pleasant stay than at this hotel.
The complimentary breakfast is adequate.
The complimentary light dinners are ok - they are served Monday to Thursday only from 5 to 7 pm.
If you plan to eat the light dinner, you must go promptly at 5 to get a table to sit at.
The area fills up very quickly with other hotel guests.
During our visit the light dinners included spaghetti and meatballs one night and teriyaki chicken the next.
Salad is also provided.
Soda pop and juice also provided.
Wine also served.
Note that the self parking fee is $12 a night. Yikes!
The showerhead was broken.
Had the most terrible shower b/c there was no water pressure and no hot water.
Upon contacting the front desk they promised to send someone to look at it.
I was relieved that upon our return to the hotel later in the day that the showerhead was replaced.
I recommend taking showers early in the morning because otherwise you will have a cold shower as other guests must be using up the hot water!
The printers did not work in the business centre. There are 2 of them.
I requested that one of the front desk clerks come and take a look.
She cheerfully agreed to and could not get the printer to work.
She said that someone else would have a look at them, but kindly offered to print off the directions I needed on her printer near the front desk.
Another day I had to use one of the computers and printers in the business centre.
A teenager was watching a movie.
She refused to move.
I went to ask the hotel desk clerk if she could kindly ask the teenager to pause her movie so I could print off some directions.
Hotel desk clerk refused to assist.
So I asked the teenager if she would kindly pause her movie for a couple minutes.
Teenager sullenly agreed to do so.
Upon check in, my mother noticed that the floors in the kitchen area and bathroom were sticky.
My mother requested that the floors be cleaned. After the cleaning, the floors were still a bit sticky.
We decided to wear slippers and socks.
Upon our return to the hotel another day (late in the afternoon at 430pm) the room had not been cleaned.
My mother requested one of the cleaning staff attend to this.
Was told by the cleaning staff that she thought she did it already.
My mother said, "No, could you please attend to this."
Our room was cleaned and towels refreshed promptly.
One plus about the location of this hotel is that a Target is across the street. Very convenient.
Note: This hotel is very far from Disneyland but close to the convention centre.
We rented a car so didn't have to deal with other modes of transportation to/from Disneyland.
I doubt I wil stay here again. My hard earned dollars will go to another establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay suite hotel. An all-suites Anaheim hotel that will make you feel closer to home! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area hotel is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels, only a mile away. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, daily breakfast and dinner Monday to Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hiltonr Anaheim-Main Gate Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Garden Grove
- Homewood Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Disneyland
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area Orange County/Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Disneyland Area
- Homewood Suites Anaheim California
- Garden Grove Homewood Suites