Our family of four stayed at the Homewood Suites in September 2012. We chose this hotel because of the excellent reviews from Trip Advisor, and this was the first time that I was a bit disappointed in my 'trip advisor choice'.
The hotel is in a good location. It is not far from Disneyland (but too far to walk), and has a shuttle going on the half-hour ($4pp). There is also a charge for parking of $12/night. In the walking-distance vicinity you will find several restaurants that are good - Outback, Starbucks, Red Robin, and a nice SoCal Mexican place across the street called La Casa Garcia.
The daily breakfast was okay, not terrible, not excellent. The selection included daily make-your-own waffles, fruit salad, yoghurt, granola, toastable items, plus a different hot food each day like eggs & bacon, or bisuits & gravy, or breakfast muffin round eggs & sausage. Although it was not outstanding, I found the value to be excellent...considering the cost if we were to eat out.
The rooms were updated and reasonably clean, but not great quality - I think pretty average for what you would expect for a 3-star hotel. The corridors were in terrible shape, the wallpaper was scratched down the corridor, the carpet was stretched and had wrinkles in it. We used the elevator a couple of times, then chose to use the stairs to/from the 3rd floor for the rest of our stay as it felt like we were taking our life into our own hands while in it.
The pool area was okay, a bit worn around the edges, but the chairs were in good condition. The pool itself had quite a bit of chlorene in it and our kids only swam in it once because of this.
The staff was VERY nice, every one of them, and if I could have given the rating a 4 for staff only I would have...otherwise it was all just 'ok'.
Would we go back...nope.
Would I recommend it to someone...depends on what they are looking for...if you're looking for a really cheap place to stay then yes, it is better than average. Otherwise I'd recommend the Candy Cane Inn, which we stayed at on our last Anaheim trip, and found it to be excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay suite hotel. An all-suites Anaheim hotel that will make you feel closer to home! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area hotel is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels, only a mile away. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, daily breakfast and dinner Monday to Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hiltonr Anaheim-Main Gate Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Garden Grove
- Homewood Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Disneyland
- Homewood Suites Anaheim California
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area Orange County/Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Disneyland Area
- Garden Grove Homewood Suites