This is our third stay at this wonderful property and it just keeps getting better! Louis gave us excellent customer service both on the phone before arriving (this was a completely spontaneous trip planned at the last second!) and when we got to the front desk. I've never had anything but very good customer service here.
We haven't stayed here in a couple of years and they have renovated the whole hotel. Completely new furniture in the rooms and in the common areas downstairs. It's kind of a retro, modern look and everything was very comfortable. I especially liked the couch they put in the family room area of the units. It's an L sectional and gives a lot of seating for a small space! There was also an ottoman with a removable tray at the end of couch, so it was out of the way if you don't want to use it. They still hava a fold out sofa bed where two young children can sleep, quite comfortably I might add. Our 7 and 4 year old shared it and slept very well. But the other part of the couch is actually long and big enough for a 2-4 year old child to sleep if two sibblings don't want to sleep together. Just throw an extra sheet and a blanket and they would be good to go. The sofa bed itself is surprisingly generous in length. I'm 5'10" and if had to, would have been able to sleep on it and NOT have my feet hang over. I was surprised by this!
The beds in the main bedroom are some of the most comfortable I've ever slept on at a hotel and we have stayed at a lot of Marriotts and Westins. These must be new because I don't remember them being this outstanding. As Goldilocks would say "not too hard and not too soft, but just right!".
As always the complimentary dinner and wonderful breakfasts are so appreciated and make the whole experience much easier and cheaper with kids in tow! I only wish they offered dinners 7 nights a week! I was a little disappointed that we had disposable plates and silverware (it's hard to eat salad with plastic forks), but I told my husband I'd rather them have plastic ware than get rid of the wine and beer! Our dinner was very tasty and appealed to our whole family. They print their menus out monthly, so if you are concerned you can call ahead and see what they are serving during your stay.
I still say this hotel has an exceptionally nice pool area for a smallish property. It even has a kiddie pool which is not that common! We did not have time to use it as this was a one night trip expressely to go to Disneyland.
Another small change I liked was the hotel now runs their own shuttle to and from Disneyland/California Adventure. It runs twice an hour and begins one hour before the parks open and one hour after they close. It costs the same as the ART but of course doesn't make extra stops along the way, so it's faster. The morning shuttles can be crowded before the park opens, so just be sure to plan accordingly! We thought it worked out great though.
Overall, we had another great stay at our favorite Anaheim area hotel. Can't wait to come back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended stay suite hotel. An all-suites Anaheim hotel that will make you feel closer to home! The Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area hotel is one of the Disney Good Neighbor hotels, only a mile away. Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, daily breakfast and dinner Monday to Thursday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hiltonr Anaheim-Main Gate Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Garden Grove
- Homewood Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites Disneyland
- Homewood Suites Anaheim California
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area Orange County/Garden Grove
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Disneyland Area
- Garden Grove Homewood Suites