“We won't stay anywhere else when coming to Disneyland!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This is our third stay at this wonderful property and it just keeps getting better! Louis gave us excellent customer service both on the phone before arriving (this was a completely spontaneous trip planned at the last second!) and when we got to the front desk. I've never had anything but very good customer service here.

We haven't stayed here in a couple of years and they have renovated the whole hotel. Completely new furniture in the rooms and in the common areas downstairs. It's kind of a retro, modern look and everything was very comfortable. I especially liked the couch they put in the family room area of the units. It's an L sectional and gives a lot of seating for a small space! There was also an ottoman with a removable tray at the end of couch, so it was out of the way if you don't want to use it. They still hava a fold out sofa bed where two young children can sleep, quite comfortably I might add. Our 7 and 4 year old shared it and slept very well. But the other part of the couch is actually long and big enough for a 2-4 year old child to sleep if two sibblings don't want to sleep together. Just throw an extra sheet and a blanket and they would be good to go. The sofa bed itself is surprisingly generous in length. I'm 5'10" and if had to, would have been able to sleep on it and NOT have my feet hang over. I was surprised by this!

The beds in the main bedroom are some of the most comfortable I've ever slept on at a hotel and we have stayed at a lot of Marriotts and Westins. These must be new because I don't remember them being this outstanding. As Goldilocks would say "not too hard and not too soft, but just right!".

As always the complimentary dinner and wonderful breakfasts are so appreciated and make the whole experience much easier and cheaper with kids in tow! I only wish they offered dinners 7 nights a week! I was a little disappointed that we had disposable plates and silverware (it's hard to eat salad with plastic forks), but I told my husband I'd rather them have plastic ware than get rid of the wine and beer! Our dinner was very tasty and appealed to our whole family. They print their menus out monthly, so if you are concerned you can call ahead and see what they are serving during your stay.

I still say this hotel has an exceptionally nice pool area for a smallish property. It even has a kiddie pool which is not that common! We did not have time to use it as this was a one night trip expressely to go to Disneyland.

Another small change I liked was the hotel now runs their own shuttle to and from Disneyland/California Adventure. It runs twice an hour and begins one hour before the parks open and one hour after they close. It costs the same as the ART but of course doesn't make extra stops along the way, so it's faster. The morning shuttles can be crowded before the park opens, so just be sure to plan accordingly! We thought it worked out great though.

Overall, we had another great stay at our favorite Anaheim area hotel. Can't wait to come back soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank applejanna
Homewoodgmjoe, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Thank you for the very detailed and complimentary review. This means a great deal to us especially coming from someone that has been as active on this site as you. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Anaheim/Orange County area. Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 May 2010

This hotel had it all. A great staff, a pool and hot tub that were very clean, a breakfast buffet that fills you up, you can even make waffles. The room was very spacious and the rooms are seperated by a door. The teens could be in their room and parents could go to sleep in their room. They have a great shuttle to Disneyland. Lots of restaurants very close. Just watch the address, They are actually on Chapman not Harbor Blvd which is confusing. Maid service was excellent also.

1  Thank danmart1
Homewoodgmjoe, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2010

Thank you for the great review and for noting our proximity to Chapman as it can be a little confusing with our physical address listed as Harbor Blvd. For future guests, if you are at the intersection of Harbor Blvd. and Chapman, we are located just behind Outback Steakhouse. Specific directions can be found on our website or can be obtained by calling the hotel directly at (714)740-1800. Thanks again!

Reviewed 7 May 2010

As usual we had a wonderful stay at the Howewood Suites at Garden Grove.

As a family we travel to the USA a couple of times a year and we make sure we stay here when we come to LA. It is close to Disney and offers all the amenities of home whilst traveling. If you have a car you can get around very easily while based here...

The staff are some of the best in the business, they are very polite and could not be more helpful during your stay! A big thanks to Silena, always accommodating and along with the front desk team very freindly.

As we have become regulars we are always warmly greeted and welcomed back like good friends now...We do feel like it is our second home in LA.

The amenities are excellent, the daily Breakfast's and Manager's reception between Sunday and Thursday nights are appreciated and take much stress out of your day on thinking about what to eat and where....the food is fresh and always well presented. For the adults you can also choose between a red or white wine, or a cold beer. You may even get a fresh baked choc chip cookie if you are there at the right time!

It helps get the day off to a good start, ready for Disney or shopping, the two main reasons for visiting that part of the world.

The rooms are always offered up clean and remade on your return form a big day out, housekeeping do a great job!

Thank you to all the Staff, you are a credit to the Business, and also a main reason for us returning every year!!

Chris, Vicki and Jacqui from Australia

PS: See you again in December 2010.

3  Thank cacvac
Homewoodgmjoe, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2010

Chris, Vicki, and Jacqui,
Thank you for the review and for continuing to come back and stay with us. You're right, we are your 2nd home! I just read your review to Silena and she said "I bet that's Chris from Australia" before I could even finish reading it! We hope you have a good half year until we see you again. Take care mate!!!

Reviewed 6 May 2010

Our purpose for staying at this hotel was to visit Disneyland. The staff were all very friendly. The room was clean and comfortable. The walls were a bit thin and you could hear the family next door who were loud when they were awake! The beds were very comfortable. We caught the shuttle up to Disneyland and back, you buy the shuttle tickets at the front desk. Breakfast was included and a bonus was the manager's reception which was held from Monday to Thursday 5-7pm and also included a light meal which did us fine for dinner before going back to Disneyland in the evening. Their high speed internet was excellent when you could get on to use it! We had a room that also faced Disneyland so we could see the fireworks at night when we were at the hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank lizzylg

Thank you for the review. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the evening reception which includes a light meal. It's a great way to save money and at the same time take a much needed break after a long day at the parks. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2010

I booked a trip to Disneyland and decided to stay at this hotel. First off, after a long flight from Canada we were welcomed with smiles and open arms as if we were family. The room was more than we expected. I am a very picky when it comes to everything being clean and it exceeded my expectations (which is very hard to do!!) We spent 7 days at Disneyland and after long hot days it was wonderful to come back to the hotel to a nice meal, fresh towels and linens, a tidy room and the very nice pool. Target is within walking distance which helps for extended stays and picking up snacks or anything else that you may need. This was our home away from home and I will NEVER stay anywhere else. THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Homewoodgmjoe, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2010

What a fantastic recommendation!!!!! I may be a little biased, but I agree with you 100%! Thank you for noting what a great job our Housekeeping Department does on a daily basis. Is there anything better than coming back to a clean, well made suite after a long day at Disneyland? We can't wait to see you next time!!!!!

Reviewed 29 April 2010

This is the best place to stay when in this area -- clean rooms with extra pillows and comfortable beds -- friendly staff -- can't beat having breakfast before leaving in the morning and the free wine or beer with dinner on Mon - Thurs was a plus. I would recommend this place to anyone going to Disneyland with young children to grandparents. Thanks to the staff for making us feel at home. I didn't want to leave. I will be back again. Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

We are thrilled that you felt like you were at home during your stay with us!!! As far as we are concerned, that is the nicest compliment we could receive. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 25 April 2010

This is our second stay at the Homewood Suites in the past 18 months. On my last visit I gave 5 stars, this time due to check in hassels our stay is down to 4 stars.

Our reservation was for a non-smoking two queen, accessible room with grab rails for the shower/bath.

The initial room we were sent to was on the 7th floor. Normally wouldn't be an issue but the 7th floor is the smoking floor, when we asked at time of reservation for non-smoking. I returned with our luggage to the ground floor to receive another room assignment on the ground floor. It was non-smoking, however even though our travel comfirmation had grab rails noted there were none in the room. A few phonecalls later and we were advised that we would be moved the following day.

The first room we stayed in was in relatively poor condition to the previous stay. Some of the doors were lose, and one of the stove hot plates did not sit evenly.

We were moved the following day and the room was in far better condition. Apart from the water pressure being poor on the 5th floor, we had no further problems.

The check-in experience did leave a slight sour taste in my mouth, especially compared with the smooth visit we had prevously. Would I stay again? Probably, however whereas this time I didn't search around and look at other hotels, perhaps next visit I will.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

On behalf of the front desk staff, I sincerely apologize for your experience and the delay in getting you into the suite you had reserved. We prepare for our arriving guests each and every day to ensure we get you the room you reserved and I regret this was not the case for your stay. If possible, please call me at 714-740-1800 or email me at joe.leinacker@hilton.com as I would like an opportunity to make this up to you. I'm glad that other than this initial mistake, you had a good stay and hope you will consider us again on your next visit to the Anaheim/Orange County area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#3 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hampton Inn and Suites Los Angeles - Anaheim - Garden Grove

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area? Share your experiences!