We are back for our every-couple-of-years-until-the-kids-get-older trip to Disneyland. Last time we stayed at another hotel (2012, Residence Inn) but this time we wanted to stay a bit closer. I know that this ES is one of the hotels you can see Disneyland's fireworks from - if your high enough.
So, "good but just shy of excellent". All the things you can expect, no matter where you stay near Disneyland at this time of year: long lines, crows, noise, everything taking twice as long as you planned it would, were frustrations during this stay, this is not stuff the hotel can be blamed for. This Embassy Suites has some really good things going for it: great staff, neat - kid friendly - breakfast/dinning area (even has an animatronic lion perched up on a fake mountain in the middle of the dining room - our girls loved it!). The only thing that keeps this hotel from earning an Excellent for this trip is the room. We went way out of our way to book early and paid a premium to get a corner suite (billed as bigger) we could see the DL fireworks. The room could really, really use a remodel. The housekeeping staff did a terrific job keeping it clean, really clean, you can only hide the need for a remodel only so long buy a great housekeeping staff. The only other area I found odd was their was no shade around the pool. No patio furniture with shade built in - nothing.
The only other weird thing was the TV. No on-demand movies, pay per view - nothing but a cheesy laminated channel list more in line with a Motel 6 (even they would have, probably, had a better one).
Beds were good but not great. Not sure if they were the new kind Hilton has been advertising Their was nothing in the room that said they were - that I saw. The pull out bed was REALLY bad. Although, they all are REALLY bad.
So - get out and enjoy Disneyland - you cannot go wrong with this hotel, however, if you ever hear they have remodeled their room, run - don't walk - to make a reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Anaheim - South hotel is located just one mile from Anaheim's Disneyland Resort® attractions. This all-suite hotel features complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening manager's reception. Shuttles are available in from of the hotel to take guests to all of Anaheim, California's recreation parks. The Embassy Suites also features an on-site Disney® Desk with information on Southern California and Disneyland® Resort attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South / Disneyland Hotel Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites Garden Grove
- Embassy Suites California
- Garden Grove Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Anaheim South Hotel
- Embassy Suites By Hilton Anaheim - South Orange County/Garden Grove