“Best Starbucks in Anaheim”

Anaheim Marriott Suites
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I recently moved here from San Francisco and was at a loss for a good cafe until I found this Starbucks tucked away in the lobby of the Garden Grove Marriott. Barrista, Nick G, takes care of every customer, whether a regular or world traveler, with genuine warmth and professionalism. If you are a regular he will remember your favorite drink and go the extra mile to personalize your coffee drink. He plays great music with lots of variety and is always open to good conversation when you need a break while still taking excellent care of his customers. This particular Starbucks has all the best features of a classic cafe - good coffee drinks made to order, friendly customers both local and wayfaring, and above all, a friendly staff who know their customers and create a warm, fun, welcoming environment. .

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

There is nothing like starting your day with a good cup of coffee, friendly conversation and a welcoming atmosphere. Actually, it is a great thing any time of day! We are sure that Nick will be thrilled to learn that his special enthusiasm makes a difference to his customers. We are so glad you found the café you had been looking for tucked inside the Marriott Suites Anaheim.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed 6 February 2014

After checking in and out of hotels on the USA holiday they all started to blend into one another and being impressed started to be a harder goal to achieve. So with that in mind, whilst the Marriott didn’t have any enormous flaws it was just one of those good hotels that you occasionally stumble across that neither particularly impresses nor displeases. Generic and reliable sums it up and there is nothing wrong with that.

The big positive was the size of the suites – so nice to have room to stretch out in. Separate living area, enormous bathroom, Wi-Fi, comfy king size bed and a refrigerator. All clean, comfortable and well maintained by the extremely friendly staff. The only thing we could really fault was the in-room coffee. Time to change brands. It didn’t even taste like coffee!
The pool area was big enough and included a whirlpool. Once again, nothing amazing -just plain and functional as you’d expect for a hotel that obviously targets families as their core demographic. And. Bearing in mind that this is definitely a family hotel, the chances of actually relaxing by the pool without screaming kids nearby is nil. Keeping with the family target audience there are also on-site laundry facilities.

Location on the ‘Disney Strip’ is quite reasonable with onsite parking offered at $10.00 per day. Disney shuttles are frequent and definitely the way you should be getting to the park. For those wishing to stock up on supplies there is a Vons supermarket just up the road and a Target across the road. Also heaps of nearby dining options - two or three different restaurants right out the front.

One thing that we found particularly good was the breakfast buffet. Whilst the range on offer wasn’t enormous, the price of $15.95 was really pretty fair and it’s not often you can make that comment about a breakfast buffet in a mid-range hotel that isn’t included in the room rate.

If you can get it for a good rate or are just wanting a room that actually gives you room to move then the Marriott Suites should be on the list of hotels you check out. If our experience is anything to go by then it should give you a comfortable stay with no reason to complain.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Good ole reliable, what a nice way to sum up your experience. Reliable and comfortable are great to hear when we read our reviews. We are glad you were able to stretch out and relax in your suite. Thank you for spending your holiday here at the Marriott Suites Anaheim. We hope the both of you will return for another holiday stay when you travel this way again.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was not impressed with this hotel. First of all they gave us the wrong room. Then they had hidden charges that were $100 over the quote given with the reservation. On top of that they then wanted a $100 deposit which I gave in cash. When I checked out the $100 deposit was not registered so I have not received that back even after writing to the hotel. So in short after I made the reservation the total was $484 for 3 nights and the overall total I had to pay when I checked in was $750. When I eventually started arguing with the woman at the counter because they wanted me to pay $36 for parking and they weren't letting me know what the deal was with the extra $100 I paid I said I didn't want to pay it and they threatened me with calling the police! She just kept telling me it was the deposit. Don't you get a deposit back? Correct me if I'm wrong. I asked her what that extra $100 was for and she kept telling me tax etc. No... that's what the first $100 over quoted price was for... not the deposit.

The rooms were okay... would have expected more from Marriott. Not much inside of the hotel besides Starbucks. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank wolfsong88

We would like to extend our apologies for any confusion that may have arisen over our fees. Any parking fees, deposits, taxes and/or incidental charges are in addition to a room rate on a daily basis, as explained on our website. For example, currently our on-site parking fee is $12 per day. Staying for 3 days would incur a $36 charge for parking. We hope this helps explain any issues you may have had with the charges. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I booked through priceline.com and was confused on how it really worked! Adrian took great care of me and was amazing on finding my reservation. Having a person like him is a true gem to your business!!! I work at seacrest oceanfront hotel in pismo beach ca.I would want him representing OUR hotel anytime! Thanks again Adrian.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle H

Leave it to our Adrian! We are so glad he was able to make your check in a breeze. From the Marriott Suites Anaheim, thank you!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

All suite Marriott hotel, same great writing table and comfort bed. Room is clean and size is decent. Marriott Gold elite receive full buffet breakfast voucher for 2 at the restaurant, which is a great plus compare to regular continental breakfast. The breakfast service is excellent, the waiter is very friendly and keep my OJ glass full. Ordered a Denver omelet and it taste great!
5 star, will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for being a Marriott Gold Elite member! The Denver omelet served during the breakfast buffet can make your mouth water, we are so glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Suites Anaheim for another 5 star stay.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I travel a lot. Want to do a shout our for Kenneth Murphy. After long days at the convention center and numerous dinner choices. I ordered room service twice. He really made it feel like home and was a nice change to room service with no character. Great job Marriott for have Kenneth.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for giving a shout out to Kenneth here at the Marriott Suites Anaheim. We’re glad he could make you feel at home especially when you travel a great deal! We look forward to having you back on a future journey.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here on business and had a great experience. Kellie is fantastic and provided the best service. Never even needed to leave the hotel. The food was great and service was even better. Drinks were great and it's so close to a bunch of restaruants.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
MarriottStesAnaheim, General Manager at Anaheim Marriott Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Even on a business trip our guests deserve to relax, which is why we love reading about the great service and friendly experience you enjoyed at our SunSpot Bar! Kellie is a true representation of how much our team loves what they do and we thank you for taking notice. We will be sure to share your compliments with her and our entire team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Marriott Suites Anaheim soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
#33 of 119 in Anaheim
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim-Main Gate Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - South
Homewood Suites by Hilton Anaheim Resort – Convention Center

Been to Anaheim Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!