When I first booked this hotel I thought was booking the one closer to the park so I was a little disapointed when I realized I booked the one farther away. When I arrived however, I quickly changed my tune! This hotel was perfect for families!!
The room: We booked a two room kids suite that my both my kids were impressed with when we walked into the room. They had their own T.V., bunkbeds, AND bathroom. Came in handy when we were all running around trying to get out the door to Disneyland. Our room had it's own door so we could have some privacy and the kids room had a slider with curtains on it so they too had their privacy. The beds were pretty comfortable too for being in a hotel. It also had it's own kitchenette suite complete with dishwasher, fridge, microwave, coffee pot, sink, pots&pans, plates, silverware, etc... Everything you would need to do some cooking (if you planned on it).
The Ameneities: We did not have time to visit the pool so I can't comment on it other than it looked clean. There was also a basket ball hoop too, a game room, and laundry facilities. Neither of which we had time to visit/use but was good to know they were there in case we needed them.
The Food: We could not have asked for a better FREE breakfast. It has the usual toast, bagles, and muffins but also eggs, potatoes, sausage, cereal, waffles that varied in flavors from chocolate to strawberry while we were there (you also make your own so they are nice and fresh!) pancakes, french toast, fruit etc.... That alone easily saved a family of four a lot of $$$ on food in the morning and it was actually pretty decent tasting. There was also a kids area in the dining room with kid size tables and chairs that my 2 yr old LOVED and two T.V.'s that played the Disney channel non stop. We ddin't have a chance to take advantage of the afternoon get togethers but it's nice that they offered it.
The shuttle/park: The shuttle stops right in front of the hotel on the main road and drops you off the closest you can get to the entrance to the park. (Bus 1) HUGE relief at the end of the day when everyone is tired of walking (especially the little ones!!).
The service: Everyone there was friendly and courteous. Whenecer we needed help, they were always quick to respond. We also arrived an hour earlier than our check in time and they offered to watch out luggage if we needed to leave. They also very quickly got our rooms ready after only having to wait about 20 minutes instead of the hour that they quoted us initially.
We have stayed in several hotels and this by far for the value was the best one we have stayed in. We have decided that this will be our hotel that we will book from now on when visiting Disneyland. I highly recommend this place!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove Orange County