The purpose of our trip was to visit Disneyland in celebration of our daughter's birthday. We were traveling with adults and teens.
Although this Marriott Residence's physical address is Garden Grove, don't let this mislead you ... it is still just a few blocks from Disneyland, but we thought kind of nice to be removed from the hustle and bustle of the area within a block of Disneyland.
The pictures on the website are an accurate representation of what the actual rooms are like.
This was our 4th trip to Disneyland over the last 10 years, or so. We had stayed at various other hotels in the past, one of them being the Candy Cane Inn.
For this trip we had originally booked a room at the Candy Cane Inn, but upon arrival it had gone downhill since our last visit, and was loud, unhelpful/unaccomodating staff, crowded pool, and other problems ... Candy Cane was so loud and lacked any kind of quiet area that w/in an hour of checking in we decided to hop in the car and drive around to a few other hotels to see if we could find somewhere better that had a room available (hard to do since it was Spring break and 2 days before Easter) luckily we found the Marriott Residence Inn, and were able to get out of our reservation at Candy Cane.
When we first spoke with Walter at the front desk at Marriot Residence, we explained our situation with the other hotel and that it was my daughter's birthday so we wanted to be able to enjoy our stay. He had a suite available and let us take a peak inside. It was a nice, bright, clean, welcoming 1 bedroom suite with living area and kitchen. All we had to do was open the door and peak in to know we wanted to stay there. However, before booking it, we had to make sure we could get out of our other reservation so he assured us he'd hold the room for us for a while. It took longer than planned to deal with the staff at Candy Cane (had to go through 3 different, unfriendly Candy Cane staff members)
Upon returning to check in at the Residence, with a smile on his face and a pleasant, friendly demeanor, Walter informed us that he had changed us to a room that was different from the one we had viewed earlier and there were some changes he hoped were to our liking. This got our curiousity up.
Upon entering the room, he had upgraded us to an 8th floor (top floor), 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite ... it was great! Especially since we were traveling w/ my daughter's mixed gender friends and another mom (5 of us total). It was a nice, unexpected surprise and really helped us feel better ... although we know we would have been happy in the 1 bed/1bath suite too.
Everything was clean, all the staff were helpful, friendly, and seemed to really enjoy their jobs and being there. The pool was large enough to actually swim in. Other guests for the most part were friendly, and all were considerate.
If you're the type of family who allows your children to scream and run around totally out of control, this would not be the place for you. This place had guests who were more respectful, calm, and quiet.
The breakfast which is included in the price was very good and included scrambled egg, sausage, tortillas & salsa to make breakfast burritos, various cereals, oatmeal, fruit salad, fresh whole fruit, and even everything you need to make fresh belgian waffles.
While it's too bad that Candy Cane Inn has gone down hill, we were glad to have found this Marriott Residence. It's a great place for the traveler who wants a hotel to return to for some peace, quiet, and relaxation. After spending the day at Disneyland, we really looked forward to returning to the hotel (after midnight) where we all had a good night's sleep in a quiet room. We recommend it as a nice, peaceful place to stay and we will plan to stay there again.
For our group, we all said we'd prefer to stay somewhere like the Residence which is a slightly further distance from Disneyland and ride a shuttle or drive a few extra blocks and park at Disneyland, than to stay somewhere closer that's not as nice ... that's probably the one thing for other travelers to consider.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our extended stay Anaheim Resort Area suites are so well equipped and fully furnished, you’ll never have to set up house twice. Tastefully decorated, our guest suites are as comfortable as they are clean. With all the amenities to make your stay enjoyable and convenient they are the perfect home away from home. We offer a mix of 200 suites that fit your every need. Our suites feature a king or two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper with a large living area and full kitchen. Two-bedroom kid's suites feature a bunk bed in a separate second bedroom. A queen sofa sleeper is available in the living area adjacent to the kitchen. All suites offer complimentary high-speed Internet and fully equipped kitchens. In our Anaheim Resort Area Suites we Offer:• Coffee and Tea Makers• Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access• Dual Line Phones with Voice Mail and Wake-up Service• Full Kitchens with Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Refrigerator and more• Hairdryer• Individual Climate Control• Iron and Ironing Board• Kids Suites Available w/ Bunkbeds• Pillow Choice (Feather Down/Foam)• Pool Views from 50% of the Rooms• Sofa Beds• Silverware, Pots, Pans, Serving Dishes, etc.• Work Stations with Lamp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area Hotel Garden Grove
- Residence Inn Garden Grove
- Garden Grove Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove Orange County