“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Truro, NS
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our four children (15, 13, 9, 7) during the week between Christmas and New Year's and were so pleased with our choice. It is a perfect choice for a family stay. The hotel staff are pleasant and accommodating, the rooms were spotless, and the breakfast buffet tasty and plentiful! Our youngest child has food allergies, so we appreciated the full kitchen and made good use of it while we were there. The pool, basketball court, and games room were a hit with the children and there were always plenty of towels on hand. Located about three km from Disneyland, it was a straight, easy walk to the parks. The shuttle for us would have cost $32/day, so we walked. We had a fast pass for the 10:00 World of Color show one night, so we took the public transportation bus which was only $12.

On the advice of the staff, we spent sunset on New Year's Eve at nearby Huntington Beach with our feet in the Pacific Ocean. When we got back to the hotel we spent the evening around the pool and in the hot tub and the front desk staff gave us party hats, noisemakers, and a bottle of sparkling cider.

We would definitely recommend this property and would return if we get back to the Pacific Coast another time.

1 Thank BelgraviaBB
Bill_AGMResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you so much for having been our guest. I am very happy to hear that you and your family had such a great time with us and that our staff gave you such great suggestions. There are not very many places where you can usher in the New Year with your toes in the sand, but sunny Southern California is definitely one of them!

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you and your family again on your next trip to the Anaheim area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
langhorne, pa
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at the hotel while in Anaheim for a hockey game, not Disney. After flying cross country and driving down from LAX it was a nice touch to have full coffee service available all day. The check in was easy any and fast and the front desk staff was great. The two br suite was very clean and spacious and gave us room to spread out and relax. There were only 3 of us but definitely would work for more people for a longer stay. The manager's reception dinner and full breakfast are great touches adding value to the stay. The only downside of both, and this is NOT the hotel's fault, is too many unsupervised small children at the food and drink stations and carrying and spilling all over the place and being underfoot. Overall it was a great experience and great value and we would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you and your party had such a great time with us. As you pointed out, Anaheim has more to offer than simply the park with NHL and MLB games so close to the hotel. Hopefullly, on your next trip to the area you will be able to take in a baseball game as well! Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Page
Reviewed 25 January 2014

After an amazing stay a couple years ago, it was a no-brainer on which hotel we'd choose for our Disney vacation this year. Once again, we were pleased beyond measure! The friendly staff, clean large rooms, evening reception and amazing breakfasts, great pool, close proximity to Disney... there's nothing this hotel doesn't do right! Thanks again and we can't wait to be back!

On a side note, we did have a bit of trouble with the ART shuttle... the drivers kept missing our stop, even after we spoke directly to them and pulled the cord. Finally got the hang of it the last couple days and just stood up and hollered until they stopped! Lol!

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room on the north side to see the fireworks from Disney!
3 Thank thelofings
Bill_AGMResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
I am thrilled that we were able to have you and your family at our hotel again! Thank you so much for being our guest. I am glad you found our staff, rooms, evening social hour, breakfast and pool as exceptional now as it was during your first stay.

We thank you for being our guests and look forward to seeing you and your family at the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort again in the future!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family and I have visited Disneyland about once a year for the last 7 years. I had always stayed at another Marriott but was using points so I tried this one. Best decision ever! Close to the park, clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast and dinner and the best staff anywhere.

Very clean food area with multiple attendants always on hand for any special needs. One night we walked in from the pool and my 5 year old was shivering and they went and brought him some hot chocolate. The variety and quality of the food was very good. My kids loved the huge breakfast choices, something for everyone.

The pool area was nice, plenty of chairs and tables. It has a shallow wading pool for my 3 year old and a full size pool for the older kids. There is a sauna as well but I didn't really use it. For once in my life, plenty of towels all over the pool area! Made it so much more enjoyable. Immediately adjacent to the pool area is a gas fire with chairs to sit around.

Rooms were clean, the kitchens were fully stocked with all the dishes, pots, pans, etc. The beds were very comfortable, even the pull out sofa bed. I slept on it all 5 nights and didn't have the slightest problem ever.

Google maps will show you this hotel is 1.5 miles from Disneyland Maingate but I can tell you, it's an easy walk. Straight down the road and on the same side of the street as the hotel. Took us about 15 minutes each way walking with two kids and a stroller.

During one of the dinners I saw the Assistant GM, Bill Evans walking around and he stopped to ask me how everything was and I told him that I had traveled for work for about 3 years and had stayed all over the country in hotels and I was blown away by his staff and hotel. He took the time to tell me about their other room types and bed options for my next trip. All of the staff; frontdesk, housecleaning, food prep, everyone was just awesome to us. My kids are still talking about the nice lady that gave them balloons at night.

This is my new Disneyland hotel and I recommend everyone stay at this hotel if you want a great family experience.

Room Tip: Get a fireworks view room, you can see the fireworks even if you don't happen to be at the park...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Curtis F
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
I am very lucky to have a staff full of great people like Bill working at this hotel. Our staff genuinely cares about our guest's experience and we will always go out of our way to ensure that every guest has a great memorable stay. Both our daily breakfast buffet and the evening manager’s reception are an added value especially when you are traveling with a family. Thank you for being our guest! Hope to see you soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel was fantastic, all the staff are helpful, friendly, nothing was too much trouble ! I reviewed this hotel and choose it from tripadvisor, and all the good reports aren't wrong. I stayed with my husband and children for a week in December we did Disneyland and some shopping trips based out of here, the hotel was clean & comfortable. We had a 2 bedroom suit with 2 bathrooms and it worked perfectly ! The room had a kitchen, if you require one, everything was there! The breakfast the hotel supply was terrific ( coming from Australia the kids thought waffles for breakfast was a real treat ! ) But also plenty of cereal, fruit, eggs - perfect !
The bus/ shuttle to disney isn't long at all and a great way to have a chat & meet people from all around the world in the 10min or so trip. As a family hotel couldn't fault anything ! Go there and enjoy your stay, you will without a doubt !

1 Thank 44happytravels44
Bill_AGMResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with other TripAdvisor members! Our entire staff works diligently to ensure that all of our guests needs and expectations are tended to. I am very pleased to hear that you and your family had such a great stay and that the waffles were such a hit with you and your family. Thank you for being our guest and I sincerely hope that we get to see you and your family again on your next trip to California!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We were at a different hotel and were cramped and someone mentioned the Residence Inn so we looked at a room and decided to move here as it was great. It is designed for families and is a great choice. You get 2 bedrooms, each with its own bathroom. The kids room either has bunk beds or 2 single beds. There is a living room/dining room/kitchen in-between the 2 bedrooms. For a family going to Disney or the surrounding area this is the hotel for you.

There were 7 of us so we had 2 different bookings, one had 2 adults and 2 kids in a 2 room apartment and the other had 2 adults and one kid, also in a 2 room apartment. Each bedroom had its own TV and the living had a TV as well so everyone was happy being able to watch their own shows when we relaxed. The kitchen made it easy to store food and drinks and have some simple meals in the room.

The rooms show a little bit of wear and tear. The mattresses were not high-end like I am used to, a bit soft and the windows were paper thin so you could hear all the noise outside. That being said I slept well every night. The breakfast was really good. Only downside from other properties nearby is that you can't have a custom meal cooked (i.e. omelet to order) but you have to eat what they have out (i.e. scrambled eggs). Still a great variety for a family.

Well that was the negatives, now the positives. The lobby and main common areas are so well cleaned you could eat off the floors. I have stayed in super exotic 5-star luxury hotels whose lobby was not as clean as the Residence Inn, it is a credit to the staff that they take such pride in the property and how they keep it clean with all the kids around I will never know. The pool area is great. The pool is heated so the kids got to swim despite it being winter. Having basketball court and table tennis was also great for the kids. The location is great for Disney. Also multiple restaurants within a few minutes walk from the hotel so food is no issue (tip - if you use the room service that comes from a third-party restaurant it can be very expensive, just order to-go form one of the ones close by and pick it up yourself).

If you have a family and you need somewhere to stay this is where you should book. Look nowhere else. It is a family oriented hotel that does a great job making the place a great fit for kids. Anytime I travel with my family again in this area I will stay here. You also can't beat the price, very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
FRankGM106, General Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
It means a great deal to us to receive such a positive review from a seasoned traveler like you. We are happy that you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and clean. We can't tell you how much we appreciate you taking the time to share such an experience on this website!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here at the end of our world trip to spend the last 4 days at Disneyland. It was a 1 bedroom, self catering apartment with a clean bathroom, comfortable big bed and ok sofa bed. We didn't have a chance but the pool area looks like a good place to spend a few hours on a warm day also. The kitchen is fully equipped and Target is across the road which also has a supermarket in it :) The hotel offers a complimentary shopping service where you list the items you need and they go buy it whilst you are out. The cost is simply added to your total at the end. The shuttle for Disneyland stops right out the front, regular schedule through to the last pick-up from Disneyland at 11pm each night.
Breakfast is included each morning and a couple of nights a week the manager offers a light dinner (beef nachos when we stayed). This is great as a filler for little tummies after a full on day at Disneyland!
The staff assisted us with a couple of things we had arranged separately and it was no problem for them to make a couple of calls.
The only complaint is the water pressure is terrible. But, it had hot water so shouldn't complain.
Overall, it's a great family hotel. Even though we could afford to spend more money for a swanky hotel much closer to the entrance of Disneyland we will stay here again when we return in Dec 2014. You can't beat the value for money, cleanliness and the great attitude of the staff. Well done Marriott.

Room Tip: Request extra bedding for the sofa bed. It's no hassle. It gets a little cool at night with th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
I definitely agree with you we are great for families. Our spacious two bed room two bathroom suite is the best value in Anaheim. Our staff works hard everyday to provide a clean and enjoyable hotel thank you for noticing our efforts. I hope to have you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
Anaheim Marriott Suites
Anaheim Marriott Suites
#6 of 19 in Garden Grove
Hyatt Place at Anaheim Resort/Convention Center

Been to Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove? Share your experiences!