“HORRIBLE!!!!”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Long Beach, California
“HORRIBLE!!!!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

OMG, the first 3 words that came into my mind (negative thou) after I stayed there the first night. The bathroom was still dirty w/ (pubic)hairs on the floor. I don't know If the maid really cleaned it up but ...whew... horrible. The A/C didn't work that good. It took 2 hrs to cool up the room...horrible again... The bed was hard like a rock.... I don't think the owner has ever upgraded their motel... I'd never come back....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank T N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My friend and I traveled to Anaheim for a concert and needed a cheap hotel close to the venue. First thing I noticed when I got to the hotel was if you don't access it from the 22 freeway you have to make an illegal uturn further down the street to come back to the hotel. When I went to check in I was taken back by the fact that the front desk was enclosed in glass. All transactions had to be done through a hole in the glass. Made me a bit nervous about the neighborhood we were in, though it didn't look that bad.

The room was clean but the beds were beyond uncomfortable unless you like a bed that is hard as a rock. We had company in the bathroom in the way of a daddy long leg spider that I killed cause it freaked my friend out. The TV was a bit dated and most of the channels were spanish but the few that were english were good. The air conditioner worked to good, found myself actually turning it to heat in the middle of the night.

The grounds themselves were clean and the rooms were quiet, didn't hear anything above me, whether someone was or wasn't up there I don't know but it was quiet. Even with the freeway running behind it you didn't hear that traffic either.

Breakfast was just blah. They had cereals but no milk left for it. All they had was english muffins, bread for toast, some muffins and orange and apple juice. It was enough to tide my friend and I over until lunch. But when I went to get some assistance for the milk and napkins (they were also out of those) i rang the bell at the front counter a couple times and no one came to help us. I searched every cupboard and drawer in that "kitchen" and couldn't find any.

Overall would I stay here again? Probably. After all you get what you pay for. The room was cheap. It worked for us to sleep and shower. We were to busy going to the concert and Disney to spend to much time in it anyway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013

On site manager stayed in her room and didnt answer phone or desk bell. Breakfast was old bread, no regular coffee and no ceresl. Rooms were third world substandard. Furniture looked like they got it off a street corner. Filthy. Manager pushed our door open and told us we had to put furniture back where we found it. She got in people's faces who were out in parking lot smoking. Ice machine wax leaking do bad it was not just a safety hazard but health hazard too. Sleep in your car if this is your only choice!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Corinne B
Fresno, California
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I booked a room here last minute because all the other lower priced hotels were not available. This particular place always has really good prices but I never realized how close to Disneyland it is. Don't get me wrong, you can't walk to the park but it is a 10-15 minute drive. Not bad when you compare the cost.

So check-in was very fast and friendly. I wanted to pay cash but with the $100 deposit I would have to drive to a bank, the lady at the desk gave me another option and didn't give me a hard time at all. I thought she was awesome.

Parking is great. To get there is a little bit of a hassle but if you know how to drive I'm sure you'll find a way. The pool was not available, which in July is more than disappointing. If this is important ask before booking as I got no explanation nor did I ask.

I got (according to the clerk) one of the smallest rooms in property 117. It was in no way small at all. It was very clean and had a super comfy bed. In fact as I checked out someone else was complementing the comfortable beds. Linen was crisp and clean. The AC worked very, very well! One of the coldest I've had in a long while. The shower and fridge also worked great. There was no mold or funny smells, no stains that I could see anywhere. I really have absolutely no complaints.

FYI There are under no circumstances any visitors allowed in your room. I didn't have a problem with this rule but I noticed some people weren't happy about it. The issue in my opinion was handled very tactful but it could be an issue especially when a larger extended family are staying at other sites.

I think this place is great and for the price can't be passed up. If you're not looking for frills this would be a great place to stay. I'm happy and will return.

• Stayed July 2013
Fresno, California
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Needed a room for only one night. Booked direct on choicehotel.com. I've stayed at other choice hotel family hotels and have never had a problem. This, however, was unacceptable! I booked a king non-smoking whirlpool tub room. Before we even got there, had problems getting to the room as you cannot make any u-turns to get to the hotel. Finally get into the room and notice a small stink in the room. My husband chalked it up to smoking rooms being available. However, upon departure, discovered that we had a smoking room that was supposedly clean to remove tobacco odor. I have a one year old, whom I don't want breathing in unnecessary second hand smoke. This was terrible. I will NEVER stay here again. I expect better from a choice hotel.

Room Tip: Find another place to spend your money.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ktbug678
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Room showed signs of mold in bathroom, phone wasn't plugged in, no cord, blow dryer broken, bed uncomfortable, light cover off light and filthy.....continental breakfast, was under stocked, trash over flowing and counter filthy.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Yetimeister
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I recently stayed here and found it very adequate. It had all the basic amenities, although the breakfast room was locked in the morning. However, the linens were fresh and clean. The bathroom area looked quite new. It had everything I wanted for a one night stay. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone on a budget. There was a bit of dust on the chairs and table which appeared to be older. It was a quiet location, very satisfactory.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dixie Orange County Hotel
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Hyatt Regency Orange County
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove

Been to Motel 6 Garden Grove? Share your experiences!