“Keep looking”

Motel 6 Garden Grove
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Very disappointed, I would never stay at the Econo Lodge Inn property again. The bed is as HARD as a rock. The room is very old looking, most light switches and plugs don't work, TV, tables all have cigarette burns all over them. The 2 bed light attached to the wall were hanging half off and not working. Smoke detectors where gone, just holes in the ceiling. Toilet was loose and not bolted down. Only 1 towel was given, when I asked for more they said they were out. Paid $95 a night. NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Garden Grove

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed for one night at this motel. Access was rather difficult since we had to go up the street and make a u-turn. The room was very clean and the shower was great. There was no chain on the door, although it did have a good dead bolt lock. The window was bent and it looks as if it had been broken into at one point. However, we did feel safe. We were given a lower floor room in the middle and the parking was free and good. There was free wi-fi. It was slow, but it worked. The breakfast needs to be upgraded as it's pretty much non existent. However, the service was really good. They brought us extra towels and pillows and an extra cup. The room was for a single, not double, even though the bed was a king size. There was a table with two chairs, though, and that was very convenient. I would definitely stay in this motel again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a king size bed if you don't need one. The mattress was a little hard.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Don't be scared off by the other harsh reviews, they must have had an axe to grind or something.
For the price, you get all the basics. Room was clean, shower worked great, bathroom clean, sheets clean, free Wi-Fi, and even has in-room coffee. I was a bit nervous about the road noise being near the freeway, but the room must be well insulated and we didn't hear any traffic noise.
I'd stay there again if needed.
Also, I left a t-shirt hanging on the back of the bathroom door when we checked out. I called the next day - the maid had found it, and they offered to mail it to me (I had to send a stamped self-addressed envelope, which is fair)

Room Tip: King bed rate is less than the double-double. They also offer AAA discount.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 131Joanne131
Reviewed 2 September 2013

OMG, the first 3 words that came into my mind (negative thou) after I stayed there the first night. The bathroom was still dirty w/ (pubic)hairs on the floor. I don't know If the maid really cleaned it up but ...whew... horrible. The A/C didn't work that good. It took 2 hrs to cool up the room...horrible again... The bed was hard like a rock.... I don't think the owner has ever upgraded their motel... I'd never come back....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank T N
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My friend and I traveled to Anaheim for a concert and needed a cheap hotel close to the venue. First thing I noticed when I got to the hotel was if you don't access it from the 22 freeway you have to make an illegal uturn further down the street to come back to the hotel. When I went to check in I was taken back by the fact that the front desk was enclosed in glass. All transactions had to be done through a hole in the glass. Made me a bit nervous about the neighborhood we were in, though it didn't look that bad.

The room was clean but the beds were beyond uncomfortable unless you like a bed that is hard as a rock. We had company in the bathroom in the way of a daddy long leg spider that I killed cause it freaked my friend out. The TV was a bit dated and most of the channels were spanish but the few that were english were good. The air conditioner worked to good, found myself actually turning it to heat in the middle of the night.

The grounds themselves were clean and the rooms were quiet, didn't hear anything above me, whether someone was or wasn't up there I don't know but it was quiet. Even with the freeway running behind it you didn't hear that traffic either.

Breakfast was just blah. They had cereals but no milk left for it. All they had was english muffins, bread for toast, some muffins and orange and apple juice. It was enough to tide my friend and I over until lunch. But when I went to get some assistance for the milk and napkins (they were also out of those) i rang the bell at the front counter a couple times and no one came to help us. I searched every cupboard and drawer in that "kitchen" and couldn't find any.

Overall would I stay here again? Probably. After all you get what you pay for. The room was cheap. It worked for us to sleep and shower. We were to busy going to the concert and Disney to spend to much time in it anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2013

On site manager stayed in her room and didnt answer phone or desk bell. Breakfast was old bread, no regular coffee and no ceresl. Rooms were third world substandard. Furniture looked like they got it off a street corner. Filthy. Manager pushed our door open and told us we had to put furniture back where we found it. She got in people's faces who were out in parking lot smoking. Ice machine wax leaking do bad it was not just a safety hazard but health hazard too. Sleep in your car if this is your only choice!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Corinne B
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I booked a room here last minute because all the other lower priced hotels were not available. This particular place always has really good prices but I never realized how close to Disneyland it is. Don't get me wrong, you can't walk to the park but it is a 10-15 minute drive. Not bad when you compare the cost.

So check-in was very fast and friendly. I wanted to pay cash but with the $100 deposit I would have to drive to a bank, the lady at the desk gave me another option and didn't give me a hard time at all. I thought she was awesome.

Parking is great. To get there is a little bit of a hassle but if you know how to drive I'm sure you'll find a way. The pool was not available, which in July is more than disappointing. If this is important ask before booking as I got no explanation nor did I ask.

I got (according to the clerk) one of the smallest rooms in property 117. It was in no way small at all. It was very clean and had a super comfy bed. In fact as I checked out someone else was complementing the comfortable beds. Linen was crisp and clean. The AC worked very, very well! One of the coldest I've had in a long while. The shower and fridge also worked great. There was no mold or funny smells, no stains that I could see anywhere. I really have absolutely no complaints.

FYI There are under no circumstances any visitors allowed in your room. I didn't have a problem with this rule but I noticed some people weren't happy about it. The issue in my opinion was handled very tactful but it could be an issue especially when a larger extended family are staying at other sites.

I think this place is great and for the price can't be passed up. If you're not looking for frills this would be a great place to stay. I'm happy and will return.

• Stayed: July 2013