“Great Rates. Needs Cleaning”

Candlewood Suites North Orange County
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Garden Grove
tucson az
“Great Rates. Needs Cleaning”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had two rooms, an efficiency and a 1 bedroom suite. Two granddaughters with us to sleep on the sofa bed ..... ghastly uncomfortable and also dirty mattress. Staff very pleasant. Beds comfortable, except the sofa bed. Carpet in rooms so dirty our feet and socks got dirty. Kitchens equipped well enough for us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob B
GGRGGSales, General Manager at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Mr. Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest feedback. We apologize for the experience you encountered, and assure you this is not the experience we pride ourselves on. We strive to ensure that each and every guest stay is a favorable one --- and it is apparent that yours was not. We have taken immediate action to correct the issue you encountered and hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove our commitment to service should you return to the Garden Grove/Anaheim area.

Regards,
Debbie Mahone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband I did a 5k for the Brian Tumor Walk at the Angels Stadium. We had planned to go away that weekend but really couldn't afford something really special. I was on the Holiday Inn web page and put in the date and to find something. It found this the Candlewood Suites in GG. Not to far from the stadium. So we called we got the room for $88.20 that's with room tax and everything. We asked for an early check in which they said they would see what they could do that was at 11am, about an hour they called and the room was ready for us. The room was nice, now if either me or my husband would have been on a business trip it would have been a great room. But for a weekend get away not so much. The room had a cook-top range, a full fridge, and a microwave. The cupboards had dishes and glasses. Bathroom was nicely done if it was in your house you would be very happy completely updated. Bed and bedding very comfortable and nicely done. As you can see the hotel is nice just nothing special. No pool, no Jacuzzi, small gym. Staff was very nice and accommodating. Great location right off the 22 and Haster. This a wonderful hotel for someone coming to town on business. But if you are on vacation, have the family or want a romantic weekend I would say no. It's clean quiet and close to the freeway.

Room Tip: Great for a business trip centrally located by freeways, but there is no pool not that close Disneyl...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janmpatterson51
GGRGGSales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hi Jan!

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. We hope your walk was successful. What a great cause! I'm sorry we didn't meet your specific needs, but, I'm happy that you experienced what our hotel is all about. Our hotel style is geared towards the corporate business traveler and the extended stay guest. With additional amenities such as free laundry facilities and dvd players in all rooms, including a free video library, I'm sure, having stayed with us, you can see how we are a value for this type of travel. Our no fuss, no muss style was designed to make our guests, such as yourself, feel as if they're in their home-away-from-home. We hope that if you should be in the area again and have additional needs, that you'll stay with us again. Thank you again!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I had the displeasure of dealing with this place recently when my girlfriend wanted to stay here because of convenience due to location. i faxed some cc info to them that i had a record of them receiving and a manger claimed in a very rude manner that they ''never received it.'' When i tired to politely discuss this with her to work with me, she was curt and rude. Eventually the conversation escalated and she actually hung up on me! I couldn't believe it. I travel the world and i have NEVER had a confrontation with anyone in any hotel i have stayed in. i have a travel business and am a member of a travel organization with thousands of members. You might imagine that i will put the word out to this membership to not only avoid this hotel, but the chain as well, and you would be right.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pete c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Pete c,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I humbly apologize for the poor service you had with one of our staff. We always aim to provide the best customer care and seamless reservation system and deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My family stayed here for 11 days in a one bedroom suite (201). The rooms are just as pictured on the web site very modern and clean. The kitchen had everything we need to make Breakfast and dinners. The room has 2 LCD TVs a pull out couch a reclining chair and a table/desk area. The room also has two large closets and lots of drawers to put clothes in. The bath area was very nice with great towels. The clean - free laundry was a big help.

We did have one issue. The bed in our room was very- very squeaky (but it was comfortable). The first night we checked in the hotel was full and management offered to move us the next day but we declined because our room was at the end of the hall and very quiet. A couple of days later I wondered into a room that was being cleaned and the bed was very nice. I would stay at this location and brand again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the end of the buildings away from the elevator area.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim B
Hi Tim B!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I'm sorry about the squeaky bed. I'm happy that besides that you and your family enjoyed yourselves. We will look forward to seeing you again soon. Travel safely and thanks again!

San Jose
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Based on reviews on tripadvisor, I booked my stay in the hotel from 08/08/13 to 08/10/13. Here is my experience :
- I checked into hotel and checkin was smooth. I was given room/suite # 134
- I opened the door and the room had smell. I ignored the smell and started settling down
- I opened the bathroom door and saw there was no shower curtain. Just Shower. I went to front desk and reported the issue. The guy came with me and looked at bathroom and gave me wage explanation that bathroom is meant to be like this. There are no fixtures for bathroom curtain so he can not do anything
- After sometime, I noticed the toilet paper holder is missing. I went again and reported the issue to front desk. The answer was that "Some hockey team was occupying the room and might have taken it out". I requested if I can be moved into another room and I was told it is not possible.
- The old style bathroom sink which was tilting and was about to fall. I am not even sure how these guys have got license to run hotel with this type of room.
- After sometime, I realized that I need some blankets and sheets. I went back to front desk and request for it. Initially I was told they are running short of sheets & blankets but finally was given the blanket & sheet.
- Out of three keys (magnetic card) given to me, only one worked. The other two were so much worn and it seems the magnetic strip was not getting sensed properly

The front desk was great in listening and understanding the issues but I didn't see them acting on it or at least acknowledging the issues.

I normally don't write reviews but I feel the reviews on tripadvisor didn't give me clear picture on the quality and service of this hotel. I am writing my experience so other users get fair picture and quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: My advise will be to pay little extra and get room in one of the standard chains.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SandySanJoseCA
lisa A, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Sandy San Jose-Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding your room and our service. We pride ourselves on ahome-away-from-home experience and excellent customer service. I apologize this is not what you encountered. We deeply apologize if some aspects of our hotel did not meet your expectations on this day. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the unacceptable room standards and maintenance services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your review.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I nice hotel located in a great location just minutes off the freeway. The room was clean and spacious and the bed was comfortable. we were on our way to Rancho Bernardo and it was only about little over a hour from Orange County.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 1ibrahim
GGRGGSales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites North Orange County, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
1ibrahim-Thanks so much for taking the time to post your comments. I'm happy we were comfy and convenient for you. Please stop by and see us again soon. Lisa
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed while on a job in Santa Ana and at first I did not think I would be happy. once I met the staff and saw the really nice remodeled room I was very happy. the beds are very comfortable and they provide everything you will need to make you feel like home. due to the hotel being next to the highway it was a little noisy during the day but in would get quite about 8pm. it is close to everything (Disneyland ,Outlets, tons of good food ) close to two air ports and a staff that can tell you the best places to go and the best way to get there. I was very happy with my stay and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank willie w
Thanks for the comments Heather! I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We love that we are close to Disneyland and that our location and hotel worked well for you. Also, we just got the carpets cleaned, I'm sorry you experienced them when they weren't at their best. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks for staying with us. Lisa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garden Grove
#2 of 19 in Garden Grove
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,264 reviews
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Best Western Plus Meridian Inn & Suites, Anaheim-Orange

Been to Candlewood Suites North Orange County? Share your experiences!