“Enticing Sign, Comfortable Place, and Average Food”

Patrick Creek Lodge & Historical Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Gasquet
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Description: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during prime season - otherwise Dinner Thurs - Sunday only (off season)
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Enticing Sign, Comfortable Place, and Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

The sign says, "Eat, Booze, Sleep," which I find irresistible. So we stopped for lunch one day on our way to a hike nearby. The lodge atmosphere is terrific, and the bar was tended by a thoughtful and attentive waitress. Lunch prices are reasonable, $7-12 for burgers, sandwiches, and the fried oysters, which I order. Dinner prices looked too high for the same lunch items, but we were told the portions are ginormous. the My spouse had a BLT she liked very much. The "Average" rating is due to the fact that some of the food is not fresh (frozen veges) and is just....average. And our dogs did not like the multiple "No Dogs" signs posted every ten feet. In summary, there are better places to go for food (although not much nearby), but the atmosphere is worth the stop. Also noteworthy, they were getting the property ready for a wedding and the wedding party was expected to be around 100 folks. This is a great property for that kind of event, although there are only around 14 rooms. And, the place is for sale...

• Visited August 2013

Lafayette, California
“Good food. Need to hire more staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my meal. It was much better than I expected. My only complaint is that every time I come here, they only have one person serving as waitress, bartender AND desk clerk for the hotel. Hire another person for the busy times already!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrea W
Grants Pass, Oregon
“peaceful !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

peaceful grounds, & love that there is no dogs allowed !!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Ammiey t
Crescent City, CA
“Historic Lodge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

Quite a ways out of town and on the river makes this a special place. If I didn't live here would make it more appealing, Have stayed twice in 25 years and eaten a few times. Meals good enough but weren't impressive enough to bring me back. No real local buzz either but geared toward tourist I think. Very nice lighted trail along the river. Unique setting. Definitely worth a try.

KlamathFalls, OR
“Drive on by”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We've passed this place many times en route to the Oregon Coast and decided to stop for lunch. We should have kept driving.
Their web site advertises "gourmet" dining. Well, the lunch was a far cry from gourmet, and overpriced.
The fare consists of sandwiches, salads and a couple of soups. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Service is excellent since we were the only patrons there!
Bring a jacket since the place is cold and too expensive to heat for the occasional guest.
Delightful, picturesque setting right on the Patrick Creek.

• Visited January 2012