“Unique Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gasquet
Patrick Creek Lodge and Historical Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Gasquet
Lafayette, California
“Unique Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. I loved that there was a great restaurant/bar attached. Had an amazing time hanging out with locals and travelers alike there after dark. Close to the creek and some short hiking trails - one of which stays lit at night! A nice swimming pool, though take my advice and go in the afternoon. I went swimming in the morning and it was icy cold! My mistake. Okay, yeah, it is an older place. The rooms are bare-boned. This is definitely not the Hilton. What it is - a quaint place to stay in the middle of nowhere and get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It gets four stars inside of five since the rooms were a bit rundown looking and they seemed to be short staffed when I was there.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Andrea W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Northern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

Don't expect the ultimate in lodge experience here. Its good, basic - comfortable lodging. There are no phones and no tv/radio/internet. I was able to get 1 bar of cell service. You do get road noise but, in the off season - it wasn't bad. Water is plentiful and hot for showers. Some rooms have fridge and microwave. You will have a comfortable sleep. I thought it was very clean (a couple of dead bugs but - you are out in the woods after all). The owner was very sweet and accomodating.

Room Tip: we weren't able to see the rooms in the main "house" so I don't know if you get le...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Hungry_horse_android
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I am a travel agent and recently booked this hotel for my clients. Their experience at the Patrick Creek Lodge was not worth the nightly rate of $99.50 they were charged - maybe a $50.00 to $60.00 rate would have been more appropriate. My clients arrived very late - 11:30 PM - on Aug. 19 to check in for just a one night stay. The desk clerk said they had forgotten to open the room up to air it out, so it was very hot in the room - no A/C. Also, once my clients got into their room, they found lots of cob webs in the corners of the room and behind the toilet. One of the beds had a dead beetle between the sheets! It was already very late, and my clients were just too tired to go back to the front desk to complain. After their check out the next morning, I offered to contact the hotel on their behalf. In speaking with the owner about this stay, I was informed that " they do not open rooms up for guests, they were just being nice to open this room for my clients." When I told the owner about the bugs in the room, she offered nothing - no apology and absolutely no consideration of any refund. All my clients asked for was maybe $20.00 off their room rate as compensation. As a travel agent, I would have at least expected an apology of some kind, not the "I don't have to do anything" attitude given over the phone. Rest assured we will not ever book this hotel for any future clients!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank BrendaF0807

Travellers are raving about these Gasquet hotels

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Helpful staff. Good food. Comfortable room. Nice grounds.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank smp127
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Being a single female traveling alone, one has to be very carefull. Upon arrival, with in 3 minutes I knew that I was staying. What a great place, great location and great food. And the staff Linda, was the best. Made me feel at home, safe and very welcome. She made suggestions where to go and what to see, and you should come check this place out!!!!!A LITTLE CHUNCK OF HEAVEN

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank looperonfire
Eureka, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We have been to Patrick Creek Lodge several times and have always found it to be a place to recharge.The trees are everywhere in this quiet valley.The food is excellent and the staff are friendly.Each room is different and has a feel of its own.Listening to the sound of the creek as you fall asleep is delightful.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hatmannn
Neskowin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

We booked at Patrick Creek on the basis of location and web info. Arrived late, found a wonderful deck down by the creek where we could snack and chatter till we were ready for the very comfortable beds. In the morning light, we walked around, had a nice breakfast in the lovely dining room while being entertained by the resident ducks out on the lawn. So we booked four more days and when they were passed we wished for another week!
This is a fine example of historical lodging; not sterile boring modern, instead it has comfortable, wonderful buildings and grounds obviously loved by both owners and staff.
Set at the confluence of the Smith River and Patrick Creek, we spent days walking trails by water, explored the historic CCC campground across the road, took Short drives to hike in Jedediah Smith and Prarie Creek Redwoods, swam in gorgeous river water (didn't even use the nice pool at the lodge). We ate most of our tasty meals in the friendly dining room, cozied up to the charming bar, or felt welcomed to play cards and enjoy our own snacks in the by the big fireplace in the parlor.
The hilarious ducks provide entertainment and we were glad for no TV in the main lodge where we stayed in a big clean, bright, upstairs room with fridge for our bread&cheese, and a big porcelain tub with excellent shower.
Menu items ranged from nice plain to fancy, and given the realities of a remote location, the variety was impressive. Nice vegetables!, perfect fillet mignon, real key lime pie, solid oatmeal or eggs for morning.
We were made to feel at Home.
Can't wait to return!
We can't wait to return

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Quaily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gasquet
BEST WESTERN PLUS Northwoods Inn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
#8 of 18 in Crescent City

Been to Patrick Creek Lodge and Historical Inn? Share your experiences!