“Fun times with old friends”

Alexander Valley Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geyserville
Alexander Valley Lodge
Beaver, Pennsylvania
“Fun times with old friends”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at Alexander Valley Lodge with friends in September. The accommodations are beautiful and conducive to relaxation. The view from the dining area is gorgeous. The house is very well equipped for all possible needs..we had a beautiful dinner there with a chef who was recommended by the owner. We enjoyed our own rooms with baths. Danielle, the owner, was always available for advice on restaurants and wineries to visit. She checked up on us frequently just to see if we needed anything. Overall it was a delightful experience and I would eagerly stay there again.

Room Tip: There actually was no room service or fitness center at the lodge but the hot tub and the pool were...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank spjen334

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Danielle is definitely a hostess who wants her guests to enjoy every minute of there stay whether at the lodge or seeing sights. She helped with daily plans of what to do and when. We enjoyed a number of wineries, restaurants, picnic and shopping in town. The Alexander Valley Lodge is such an attractive and comfortable setting that we liked spending time there as well. Night time in the hot tub gazing at the stars sharing a glass of wine with friends was the way we ended each day. I hope to return with family.

Room Tip: I had the room at very top which was roomy, had a great view and a wonderfully comfortable bed.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank manyplacest0g0
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Seven of my friends from college and I decided to stay at the Alexander Valley Lodge for a mini reunion in September. We were treated to such a wonderful experience that we plan to return and enjoy it again! The Lodge is very well appointed and conveniently located off the 101 expressway - very close to some of the best wineries in Sonoma County. Danielle and Scott are the owners and they make your visit very comfortable.. attentive to your every need and request. Especially appreciated was the local knowledge of the area they shared with us and the personal connections to some of the most wonderful wine experiences. We had such a great time ... their private chef.. Chef Martin Courtman, prepared a most fabulous meal for us.. beautiful china and crystal stemware stored in the dining area hutch made the dinner truly memorable. The luxurius bed and bath linens were plentiful and freshly laundered...No.. we certainly didn't have any "wild animal" experiences.. other than a beautiful deer standing in the woods near the road up to the lodge. All in all.. It was a wonderful experience... and we do plan to enjoy it again!!

Room Tip: The top room called the "Valley View Suite" is the largest and has superb views of the ent...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Donna B
Denver,CO
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We recently stayed at this beautiful lodge. We were a group of 10. The views are awesome and the lodge was very welcoming. Danielle, the owner, was so very helpful and friendly. She recommended Chef Martin to come cook in house and he did not disappoint, what a wonderful meal. We used the Lodge as a home base for our wine country adventures. The road up to the lodge is a little tricky, but it's worth the journey. Each afternoon we sat out back relaxing on the beautiful outdoor area. We enjoyed relaxing at night, drinking wine in the common area. The hot tub was awesome! We each had a separate bedroom with a private bath. The kitchen was well stocked and had everything we needed. I would highly recommend the Alexander Valley Lodge to any group of friends and family who would like a fun and beautiful location in the heart of the wine country!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank micktooth
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We rented this lodge for a wedding party.

Let's start with the positives: there was a nice view from the kitchen table.

Now the negatives:
When we arrived, there was an extensive amount of dust throughout the house. There was expired food in the refrigerator. There were very few usable dishes and silverware; most of them had remainders of food particles on them. When we went to go look at the pool, we were shocked. There was noticable algae growing. The "fountain" had multiple sticks and branches in it, as well as degrading wood chips. We were able to make the best of this when one of the younger girls caught a few tadpoles (of many) and raised them to be frogs once we left. On the same "wild animal" page, there was a rattlesnake that lived right next to the walking path up to the house. This became quite scary as we walked this path multiple times in the night; who knows how many times we were almost bitten. The owners of the house were rude, unaccomodating and even accused us of bringing the dust from our house when we reported the dust when we showed up.

Also- this house has no good air conditioners. Granted, we were there in June and it was quite hot, but we ended up buying 10 (yes 10) standing fans in order to survive.

The bedding was ragged and the sheets were of terrible quality. The mattresses (which we were able to see when our "fitted" sheets shifted up) were threadbare. There was fraying and ripped cloth on the outside.

The showers lacked any sort of water pressure whatsoever. As you can imagine, girls showering for a wedding were having trouble washing the shampoo out of their hair and this caused quite a problem.

Overall, this was not what we were expecting from a property that we paid thousands of dollars to stay at. It was a major disappointment but fortunately we were able to prevent it from ruining our weekend at the wedding. The owner's harassment and tendency to call us "ungrateful" was the least of our issues. I would recommend staying anywhere in the beautiful town of Geyserville other than here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank Disappointed6-2013
DanielleAle, Owner at Alexander Valley Lodge, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
A review is only as credible as the reviewer. In this case the reviewer is a vacation home owner’s worst nightmare. The Bride’s Family arrived at my home 2 days before their rental contract began with a U-haul filled with liquor, beer, wine, decorations and food. They dumped the boxes in my living room even though they knew I had other guests occupying the house at the time. It took my cleaning crew 3 hours to move all the boxes into storage so the current guests would not be overridden with the eyesore. When I called the bride to ask why this had happened she blamed it on her dad, and was more concerned that the current guests would get into their “things”.

The process with this family started over a year prior to their planned Asti wedding. When the group booked, they claimed to be travel agents and wanted the travel agent pricing. When I asked for an IATA number, they could not produce one. I gave them the discount anyways. They did several site visits and knew the lodge well before they arrived for their wedding weekend.

When I saw the amount of alcohol, beer and wine in the boxes I was concerned that they planned to have a party at my house. I explained that that was not allowed and it was in the contract they signed. They were upset and put off that they had to find another location for the “after wedding party”, and the BBQ they had planned for Sunday at my lodge( without my permission) for 200 guests to attend. They also planned to bring their own alcohol to Asti Winery for the wedding, which is also not permitted, and in their contracts. All signed contracts were ignored. Asti has a sign on their door that says no animals permitted on premise. Of course the “emotional support” animals showed up there as well.

They showed up at the house 4 hours before check in and were instantly upset that the cleaning crew was still there. They also brought a dog and bird to my home. I do not allow pets, as written in my contract. They ignored this rule and brought them anyway, When I told them the animals had to leave they demanded that they stay and claimed they were emotional support animals, but they failed to produce any certification letter or letter from a psychiatrist. By now I am seeing a disrespectful pattern of behavior with this group; they will try to get away with as much as they can at others’ expense.

I derailed their plans to use my house as an after party destination each night, which included the rehearsal dinner, wedding and BBQ the Sunday after the wedding. They were annoyed they had to make alternate plans for their illegal parties. They decided to use the vacation home the groom’s family had rented. They proceeded to continue the party until 2am. The owner came over to personally threatened eviction. When they still did not leave, the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office had to be called. The bride’s sister was almost arrested when she yelled profanities to the owner and police officer. She only avoided being arrested because her father physically restrained her and removed her from the scene. My husband and I also experienced these obscenities being shouted at us during their visit. They made such a mess of this vacation home that the groom’s family cancelled the credit card they gave for a security deposit in fear of the damage they would be charged. Instead they left that vacation home owner with the mess,.

This was a very unfortunate and unpleasant experience with this group. The groups we have come to the lodge, love the place and return year after year. We love what we do and try to go above and beyond to provide our guests services to enhance their visit to Sonoma.
seattle, washington
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Our friend rented out this lodge for his 40th birthday and it was such a wonderful experience! The lodge is casual and spacious, with a pool, sauna, and hot tub. Although our group was 12 adults and a few children, there was plenty of room for everyone. You instantly felt comfortable and relaxed as soon as you stepped inside the lodge.
There were also many "tucked away" spots on the property that allowed for enjoying the tranquil mountain views.

Danielle the owner, provided many suggestions of events and activities we could do during our weekend. She even offers babysitter references and use of a van service to go wine tasting.

On Saturday night we wanted to have a special birthday dinner for the guest of honor. Danielle recommended Chef Martin Courtman.

Chef Martin made a FABULOUS four course meal. Personable and charming, Chef Martin truly made the birthday dinner a memorable experience. I cannot recommend enough his mushroom soup, corn risotto, steak, and halibut!!! All dishes were yummy with plenty for everyone. As a matter of fact, we had some leftovers the next day...which did not last long !
He accommodated special/vegetarian diets and even had a "children menu" option too.

This was my first experienced having a chef cook "on location" and I highly recommend it. It really created a relaxed and fun setting for the guests and the Chef too!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank bossychihuahua
Ventura, CA
Reviewed 2 April 2009

We went there as a group of eleven. There are five bedrooms, 5 baths. The rooms vary in size. Huge living area w/ big acreen TV, satellite, dvd, stereo etc. Gorgeous views of Alexander Valley out of the windows. We cooked in one night and the kitchen is pretty much fully equipped, even for the foodies in the group. The next night we had Chef Martin come in and he served us a wonderful dinner- 6 courses I think- lost count. If you do this you MUST request the musroom soup!

The owners, Scott & Danielle were fantastic and arranged for a 14 person van and took us wine tasting for two days. They are very gracious, knowledgable and professional.

I HIGHLY recommend it- check out their web site- http://www.alexandervalleylodge.com

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank venturafoodie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geyserville
Geyserville Inn
#2 of 9 in Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
H2 Hotel
#3 of 9 in Healdsburg

Been to Alexander Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!