“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Geyser Peak Winery

Geyser Peak Winery
Ranked #13 of 27 things to do in Geyserville
More attraction details
Owner description: One of California's oldest and most award-winning wineries, Geyser Peak was founded in 1880, a pioneer in Sonoma County. Our winery consistently garners some of the most prestigious awards in winemaking, including Winery of the Year and Winemaker of the Year honors. Its outstanding team of winemakers and viticulturalists are noted for fruit-forward,food-friendly wines from prime vineyard sources in Sonoma County. We invite you to visit our new winery location on Magnolia drive in Healdsburg and experience Geyser Peak wines first hand.
West Palm Beach, Florida
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We recently visited this area and went to about 15 wineries. This was one of the top ones in my mind for several reasons. First of all I am rating and reviewing the winery not the wines as others seem to be doing. The winery itself is very attractive and the views off of the terrace are really nice. The staff were excellent and very knowledgable not just about wines but the area and things to see and do. We loved the barrel room which was awesome. The picnic area on the terrace was clean and quiet and we enjoyed a picnic there. They even sell some light snacks and have splits of wine chilled just for lunches etc. They had ample parking and the bathroooms were clean. Plus, the wine is very good.

Visited April 2012

Monterey
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Geyser Peak Reserve Tasting”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

So this was my first trip to this Winery. I received a pass from my hotel for a complimentary tasting including the reserve tasting.
What a treat it was! The Tasting Room attendant was very knowledgeable about the wine and was a pleasure to deal with. I sampled the "regular" wines downstairs, which included: 2011 Sauvignon Blanc, 2010 Gewurztraminer, 2010 River Ranches Sauvignon Blanc, 2009 Water Bend Chardonnay, 2008 J & J Fay Ranch Merlot, 2009 Zinfandel 100 year vines and 2007 Walking Tree Cabernet Sauvignon. Then we went upstairs. They have a beautiful room that overlooks the barrel room. We were seated at a nice table and were served 4 Reserve wines. They were: 2007 Block Petit Verdot Alexander Valley, 2006 Reserve Alexandre Meritage Alexander Valley, 2007 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley and 2006 Atlas Peak Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain. All I can say is WOW! All wines were delicious! My particular favorites were: for a white wine, 2009 Water Bend Chardonnay and for a red wine, 2007 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley. They were superb! You must visit here when you come to the wine country in the Healdsburg area. I will be back for sure!

Visited April 2012
wesley chapel, fl
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“XYZin very disappointing”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This name is for their signature Zin's. Each is from vines that are, we are told, 25,50, and 100 years old. The nice person in the tasting boasted that they make more than 300,000 cases of wine each year between all their wine s. WOW!! Each was "wimpy." There was very little structure to any of the wines.The 100 year old vines was the lightest of them all. How can that be?? Vary disappointed to say the least.

Visited February 2012
milpitasca
186 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 235 helpful votes
“New Tasting Room - 1880 Winery”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

This winery has a long history dating back to 1880. The rock sided building is covered with ivy which was displaying brilliant fall colors when we visited. There is a lovely patio in front of the tasting room with tables, umbrellas, nice plantings, and enclosed by intricate wrought iron gates. The tasting room is new (4 months) and has a 30 foot long granite bar tended by a couple of friendly staff members. There is also a VIP seated tasting room upstairs which overlooks the barrel room. There are two different levels and prices of tasting available. As my husband wasn't up to tasting, he waited for me on the patio. I thought it was so sweet that the one staff member took him a bottle of cold water and gave me 2 or 3 complimentary tastes. Geyser Peak is renowned for its Sauvignon Blanc and I could taste why it is so - yummy!!! The Alexander Valley is excellent Cabernet country, also. The flavor of this wine was again superb. The last friendly thing the one staff member did was to give me a map listing 74 wineries that had FREE tastings for people showing a VISA Signature card (not just the regular VISA card). He did this after I purchased a bottle of wine with my card. I didn't even know that this benefit existed. What a lovely, thoughtful experience!!! Their web site has printable 2 for 1 tasting coupons and is quite informative.

Visited October 2011