“Loved the Wine!”
Review of Frick Winery

Frick Winery
Ranked #18 of 27 things to do in Geyserville
More attraction details
Owner description: OPEN SAT,SUN 12-4:30 Extended summer hours (Memorial Day -Labor day) adds FRI Frick Winery specializes in Rhone Varieties. Carignane, Cinsaut, Counoise, Grenache, Grenache Blanc, Mourvedre, Syrah, Viognier and Rhone Blends.While the other kids played cowboys and Indians, Bill Frick played winery.After visiting a winery when 8, Bill had caught the wine bug. Frick Winery began in 1976 with proceeds from the sale of a 1957 Chevrolet. Bill employs honest traditional methods. Making wines naturally, with hand harvest, punching the cap by hand, bucketing skins, no fining or filtering, small oak aging. These practices produce wines that are remarkably complex and honest to the grape. Bill says, "Wine is about the grape. My goal is to show the unique character of each grape variety, vineyard and vintage in every bottle."
Temecula, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Loved the Wine!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We had a great time here during passport weekend. Frick goes beyond the ordinary and offers different varietals that you don't see everyday. Great experience and I appreciate their wines, you will too!

Visited May 2012

San Francisco, California
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“wonderful jewel in Healdsburg- MUST visit”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Wonderful find right outside of Healdsburg (my fave part of Sonoma). Small vineyard, quaint tasting room, Awesome & sweet pourer (owner). I discovered a new grape/ wine- Cinsaut (sahn-soo) and LOVED it! I'll be following them on Facebook. Highly recommend for those who have been to Sonoma several times and are seeking new vineyards to check out.

Visited February 2011
CA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I am shocked I am the first to review Frick”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

This is a great winery run by Bill Frick. He let me visit on a day he was closed since it was a special occasion. He also suggests food pairings with his wines. Bill runs a one man show so he is only open on the weekends. I don't remember much about his white wines because as my handle connotes, I love reds! They were wonderful and he pours them in a regular juice glass, not a wine glass. I thought that was very cool and shows he doesn't have the pretension that exists in some wineries in Wine Country. The location is very serene and off the beaten path which makes it that much more lovely. If you follow him on Facebook you can see the pictures he posts of his vineyards and the backdrop of Geyserville. You wont be disappointed.

Visited November 2011