Hope-Merrill House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Hotel Healdsburg(Healdsburg)
H2 Hotel(Healdsburg)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewswine tastingb bwine makingwine countryeach morningwithin walking distancewallpaperodettebradburygrapesguestsmorrisvineyardsprosconsrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We spent 2 nites at the inn and it was enjoyable. Great breakfast and we enjoyed Cosette's morning commentary. She knows a lot about the area and the wineries. Gave some good tips and provided a nice map for us to use.

The common areas are nice. Could use a bit of yardwork. Room was OK but the bed was too hard for our tastes and creaked a bit. Was glad for the AC since it was so hot and the running drowned out the early morning road noise. We enjoyed the hosts.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simon s
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stay here every time I come to Geyserville. Cosette & Ron are very hospitable and are extremely knowledgeable regarding questions I have about the area. The property is beautiful! The gazebo area showcases gorgeous vineyards and a cute courtyard. The rooms all have their own theme, are very clean, and come with wine glasses should you bring a bottle back to your room, from one of the many wineries in the area. They serve breakfast every morning, promptly at 9am. You can tell they put a lot of care into breakfast.There is something for everyone. Everything i tasted was delicious. One of my favorite things was the home made jams and butter with local honey spread across a home made scone or popover. After breakfast Cosette goes over wineries with every one and makes recommendations based on what you like. She hasn't steered me wrong yet! lol... :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica J
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Being someone who has stayed in many B&B Inns, this one is the worst one, in shabby condition, that I have ever stayed in. And for the money we spent here??
The breakfast was delicious, and yes the Inn keeper did control a lot of the conversation.
This Inn clearly needs a lot of TLC and our bed creaked just by sitting on it. We stayed in the Briar Rose room. Faded wallpaper, grout in shower crumbling away, and the shower,so small we could hardly turn around to change our mind....as the saying goes.
I wish this couple the best, as there other Inn in town is for sale.
Charming little town though, but will opt to stay at another place next time.
American flag is torn and needs to be replaced on the front of the house too. Seemed disrespectful to me.
Stay was June 22, 2013

Room Tip: Stay in Healdsburg or the Geyserville Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Becker474you
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I used the online form to REQUEST a reservation for one room for one night. I received no confirmation. The website indicates that a reservation is not made until the request is reviewed and a confirmation sent by email. I received NO confirmation and thus assumed I had NO reservation. Apparently I was wrong as they billed me for two rooms, not just the one I requested AFTER the reservation date. I didn't have any issues getting that email. I called and left multiple messages to discuss. I emailed, no response and no returned call. These people are frauds! They will charge you for no reservation and have false advertising. I'm also filing with the Better Business Bureau. Do not book there!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Laurelai41
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We recently finished the 2 nd weekend of our "pick and press" stay at Hope Merrill. Our first weekend was in September to pick and crush grapes to make our own wine. We shared this project with 3 other couples.
Last week we went back to taste, blend, bottle, and label our wine. Not only was it a great time, but our hosts Ron & Cosette were great! Ron took us out to the grapes on the property, to pick and press the grapes, then instructed us in the art of wine making.
Then came our hostess Cosette! What a gourmet experience she provided us! Legendary breakfasts and remarkable dinners.all of this on the grounds of a restored Victorian 1870's mansion. Need a recommendation for you free time? Cosette was there to point you to whatever you were looking for. We also received "VIP" tours of a different local winery each trip after experiencing a private tasting from the wineries personnel the night before at our dinners. Oh ... And all the tasting was included. ,!
All in all a great experience

Room Tip: Take your pick, it's wallpaper heaven. The Stirling suite is the premier room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple