“Park # 4 Gilroy Gardens”

Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Gilroy
More attraction details
Owner description: An extraordinary combination of nature preserve and theme park that comprises more than 75 acres of trees, plants, water and rocks combined with rides, picnic grounds, miniature golf and spectacular gardens.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is nice landscaped park operated by Cedar Fair. They don't have allot of rides. Two coasters, Timber Twister a small kiddie coaster and Quicksilver Express. Quicksilver is a decent mine train coaster.

The Tree Tour is not to be missed. It is unbelievable as to how the owner made the trees to grow that way. You would have to see it for yourself.

It's a good park for families with small children. If your looking for coaster thrills you will not find it here. It is worth a visit if your in the area.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"swan boats"
"circus trees"
in 14 reviews
"great place for little kids"
"roller coaster"
"big kids"
"train ride"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have a 1 & 2 year old. It's the perfect place for them. I've taken them to carnivals and theme parks and I always end up getting into a heated argument with the person controlling the height restrictions. My 1 year old is crying his eyes out and the Nazi with the stick refuses him entry when he's clearly at the height line, ugh, but I digress. Here they can both ride the majority of the rides. If you've got older kids this is definitely not for you and they WILL be bored. I was bummed because I was here a couple months ago expecting the water park to be open then had to find out they're opening this summer. Heading back in a few weeks for my daughters 3rd bday, I'm praying the water park is open.

1  Thank lboogy
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The only way to enter the Gardens is to buy a membership to the tune of $39. EACH. We only wanted to spend a couple of hours and are not from the area. There is no day/one time entry. You only find this out after paying $12.00 to park. We were disappointed and felt this was deliberate deception since there were no prices posted and attendant did not tell us when paying for parking.

2  Thank Mammamoe
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Park is easily accessible. Parking is plentiful. Rides are designed for toddlers thru 5/6 year olds. No "thrill" rides but the rides they do have are cute and fun for the younger set. Food is average variety, typical amusment park food. Cost is rather high for what they offer. The few times I have gone have been for field trips thru my son's school. If I had to pay I would feel that is was not worth the cost of admission.