“Smaller rooms / Twice the price”
Review of Motel 6 Gilroy

Motel 6 Gilroy
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
Santa Clarita, California
“Smaller rooms / Twice the price”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this property over the weekend

Stayed in one of new Motel 6 renovated rooms

Room was small

Strange layout

Uncomfortable bed

Expensive for what you get

Wifi $3.00 per day

Spend a few dollars more and stay at a nicer place

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with the recent renovations. Way to Go, Motel 6. The accommodations are simple with a modern twist. The room has a flat screen tv and new air unit. The room was very clean. The door is thin so you can hear noises from the hallway.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 weeks. Almost half the price of San Jose. I stayed on the first floor. Temporary housing until I found something more permanent. My room was very clean. It was quiet. The outside was nice. The usual motel 6 decor but I use my own linens anyway so easy to update. Laundry was inexpensive. Local dog walking service helped with my dog while I worked for a very reasonable price. Old town charm. Easy access to shopping and restaurants. Lots and lots of parks. Easy and scenic 20 miles to the Pacific. Great little town. Friendly and helpful. Felt safe.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Yellowbirsgreen
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

my tip is avoid this hotel we booked in and after passing the check in desk to the lift you then relies big mistake the place is in serious need of refurbishment like stepping back in time but tatty curtains with cigarette burns in them, toilet that would not flush rip in bed base people hanging around corridors out of 9 hotels we visited on tour this by far was the worst we booked out without staying it was awful

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jjbls

Travellers are raving about these Gilroy hotels

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I are in transition waiting for our house to close so we stayed here. I paid for a week (not cheap) had to take out my own trash, and kept having to ask for towels! No maid service as was stated on the card left on my pillow upon arriving that there would be. Totally drug and prostitute INFESTED! Allot of people live here, my husband and I could barely afford it and I wondered how these people could (we make good money) It did not take me long to find out how! Found a weird spoon out by the pool, people pacing up and down the sidewalks, hanging out the windows, homeless and druggies, police and random people in the parking lot! WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank KellyOKeefe2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gilroy, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear KellyOKeefe2013 - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the unwelcoming environment you found and the lack of housekeeping service you experienced. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 30 July 2013

No Frills Motel 6. No hair dryer or toiletries just the bare minimum. I was there to attend the Garlic Festival. Convienant location to Christmas Park, 7 minutes by car. All the other Motels were way to expensive for the area this was even over priced for this Motel 6 for this weekend. Not the best of areas, but I still felt safe with the Motel being full. Nothing walking distance. But fast food just around the corner for driving. No starbucks around. Movie theater a couple of miles. Easy Freeway access. I did have a good nights sleep. Did not use the pool or Hot tub but it looked clean. Nice Front Desk Clerk.

Room Tip: I was on bottom floor Closer to the lobby office which made me feel safe.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

One night stay and a bit concerned . Homeless people sleeping in the stairwell , really ? People lurking in the parking lot under the trees at night , this may concern some people . Rooms are average for this hotel chain & price . Right off frwy and you can hear hwy noise , thin walls . Lots of action going on here , I know cause I heard plenty of noise through the walls . Again rooms are ok , parking is sufficient for hotel . Has ice machine , beverage and snack machine , that is it . Restaurant next door for breakfast , nothing else around .

Room Tip: If hwy noise bothers you ask for a room opposite the entrance side .
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business