“So so”
Review of Motel 6 Gilroy

Motel 6 Gilroy
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Gilroy
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Overall a good experience.

The good:
Freshly updated rooms.
Wood floors.
Flat screens.
New bathrooms.
New bedding.
Ultra modern look.
Nice location.
Indoor location.

The bad:
Maids need training or something.
Freeway noise.
Some of the customers were a little shady

This is a typical motel 6. Expect everything you would from a motel 6. Although was happy the rooms were renovated.

Pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Larsen433

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The place is clearly not worth the money. The management staff is rude and horrible. The maids are super lazy. You can hear the freeway noise and it looks like people live there. It was super noisey there as well.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Nickolas1955
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at this property over the weekend

Stayed in one of new Motel 6 renovated rooms

Room was small

Strange layout

Uncomfortable bed

Expensive for what you get

Wifi $3.00 per day

Spend a few dollars more and stay at a nicer place

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed with the recent renovations. Way to Go, Motel 6. The accommodations are simple with a modern twist. The room has a flat screen tv and new air unit. The room was very clean. The door is thin so you can hear noises from the hallway.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 weeks. Almost half the price of San Jose. I stayed on the first floor. Temporary housing until I found something more permanent. My room was very clean. It was quiet. The outside was nice. The usual motel 6 decor but I use my own linens anyway so easy to update. Laundry was inexpensive. Local dog walking service helped with my dog while I worked for a very reasonable price. Old town charm. Easy access to shopping and restaurants. Lots and lots of parks. Easy and scenic 20 miles to the Pacific. Great little town. Friendly and helpful. Felt safe.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yellowbirsgreen
Reviewed 28 September 2013

my tip is avoid this hotel we booked in and after passing the check in desk to the lift you then relies big mistake the place is in serious need of refurbishment like stepping back in time but tatty curtains with cigarette burns in them, toilet that would not flush rip in bed base people hanging around corridors out of 9 hotels we visited on tour this by far was the worst we booked out without staying it was awful

Room Tip: pick another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jjbls
Reviewed 15 August 2013

My husband and I are in transition waiting for our house to close so we stayed here. I paid for a week (not cheap) had to take out my own trash, and kept having to ask for towels! No maid service as was stated on the card left on my pillow upon arriving that there would be. Totally drug and prostitute INFESTED! Allot of people live here, my husband and I could barely afford it and I wondered how these people could (we make good money) It did not take me long to find out how! Found a weird spoon out by the pool, people pacing up and down the sidewalks, hanging out the windows, homeless and druggies, police and random people in the parking lot! WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KellyOKeefe2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Gilroy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Dear KellyOKeefe2013 - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the unwelcoming environment you found and the lack of housekeeping service you experienced. These issues are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we kindly encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gilroy
Days Inn Gilroy
Quality Inn & Suites Gilroy
Best Western Rose Garden Inn
Best Western Rose Garden Inn
#1 of 10 in Watsonville

Been to Motel 6 Gilroy? Share your experiences!