“Really a very good pub”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Sacramento, California
“Really a very good pub”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

When you walk in, the building doesn't shout "pub" but don't let that scare you off. These people have pub in their hearts. Excellent selection of beers & ales whiskies, etc. and the food is very good, I have had the BEST Calamari (yes, calamari) there, better than at seafood restaurants in SF or Monterey. Banger sandwich is excellent and the burgers are good too. Lots of tvs for sports watchers.

• Visited May 2014

Hollister, California
“The food might be good...but the service is NOT!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Arrived at the pub with a date and was excited for a nice evening and good food! Seated our selves and waited and waited and waited. People were being helped all around us, but not one of the 5 waitresses there, so much as acknowledge us. Not a hello, can I take a drink order or even a smile. A full 20 minutes passed and we walked out! The food might be good, but the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced! Very disappointed and I would never suggest this place to anyone! FYI, good customer service is everything!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Pam W
sacamento ca
“Flavorful food and atmosphere for a fun St. Patrick's Day lunch.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I walked in at lunch and was able to find a seat at the bar immediately, which was great because it was St. Patrick's Day. I had to wait a bit for the bartender to acknowledge me, but once he did the service was very good. The cornbeef was very tender and tasty, but there was too much cabbage & potatoes for a lunch portion (he did warn me the portion was large). I ordered the bread pudding to go and it was very good.

I like the Irish pub atmosphere and know I will go back another day.

• Visited March 2014
“deeeeelicious”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This place is overall a great place to eat. I see the owner on a regular basis getting fresh ingredients for his menu at the grocery store. (unique thing to know- nothing is ever frozen, only cooked fresh).

I have to admit i am a sucker for their shepards pie. Its pretty amazing. Their fish and chips is also great with large portions. The owner is Irish, he is very friendly and cares a lot about his costumers.

• Visited January 2014
Lake Worth, Florida
“Wonderful pub far from home...”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I had lunch today at The Claddagh and came away very impressed - and very full. Large comfortable area - a bit large for a real pub "feel" but was nevertheless tastefully decorated. Large portions, very reasonably priced and varied menu makes this place a winner and "the owner's husband", Mike, stopped by several times to check on things. Great, attentive staff.

• Visited August 2013