I'd studied the Beltane's website longingly for some time before finally making it there. It was worth the wait and is delightful.
The rooms are unpretentious, tasteful, warm, and comfortable. The ranch does not attempt to appeal to those seeking wall to wall carpeting and over-the-top luxury. Books and magazines are provided, as are cookies as needed or desired. The two end rooms upstairs have doors to both the front and back porches and to sit out there is one of the joys of visiting.
There are several good walks on the ranch itself; an exuberant golden lab may lead you up the path. One great walk leads through the woods by a creek. The Black Oaks surrounding the house were bare of leaves in February, but beautifully hung with gray-green moss. The ranch is close to all the good food and wine in Glen Ellen and Sonoma, but I was most interested in just staying on the ranch as it is so lovely.
Breakfast at the Beltane was substantial and delicious; the chef previously worked at Greens and Stars. Everyone I spoke with there was smart, friendly, and helpful. I did not want to come home and am planning my quick return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the wine country and surrounded by estate gardens, vineyards and orchards, the historic Beltane Ranch sits on a hill overlooking the breathtaking Valley of the Moon. Guests enjoy walking trails, a tennis court, home grown produce and olive oil and incomparable sunsets on the sprawling grounds. The historic wineries, extraordinary cuisine and boutique shopping of the Sonoma Valley make for endless opportunities for adventure and exploration. Winner of Congressman Huffman's North Bay Sustainablity Award, Beltane Ranch is also a 100% Certified Sustainable Vineyard & Winery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Beltane Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beltane Ranch Hotel Glen Ellen
- Beltane Ranch Glen Ellen, Sonoma County, CA