“Phenomenal Girl's Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glen Ellen
Chicago
“Phenomenal Girl's Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My best friend and I had an amazing time at the Olea this past weekend. We were greeted on our first day by Kent. He made sure to ask us about the types of wines we liked, and in turn highlighted some of the best wineries in the area based upon our preferences. He didn't steer us wrong either. We had a blast!

The rooms are very nice, and clean. The sheets are AMAZING. We asked the front desk what company makes the sheets, and she just nodded and said, "we get this question all the time!" P.S. - comphy.com makes the sheets. I plan on buying some this week they were that comfy :)

The breakfasts are great. Each day was something different and new. Davesh took care of us during breakfast, and he was phenomenal. Lastly, we each had a massage, and PJ and Leela were awesome. So relaxing. In fact we were so relaxed the entire weekend, we became known as the two girls that were always in our robes.

You can really tell this hotel cares about their guest's experience, and they go out of their way to ensure you are pleased with your stay. I would highly recommend, and will hopefully have a chance to go back. Thanks again for a great, and memorable weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pash1102

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is my first hotel review and I'm proud to recommend this place. Stayed for 3 nights while touring wineries. The welcomed us like family and we're overly helpful with advice of places to eat and wineries to visit. Willingly provided directions to anywhere and even made us reservations for dinner one night.
The rooms are small, but have everything you need and super clean. Showers were great and their towels were softer than mine at home! The only way they could improve them is to have a bit more storage. I found it difficult to find room to put my things (I'm an unpacker).
And let me tell you about the breakfasts! So yummy and fresh. The food was definitely out of my comfort zone a bit (duck confit) but it forced me to try some new things and discover that I liked it.
I'll freely admit we really appreciated the free (yes, free) wine every evening. It was nice to not have to pay 10-15 bucks for a glass at the end of the day. And this wasn't crappy wine, it turned out to be some of the same wine we buy here at home!
I just can't say enough about the enjoyable experience we had here and would DEFINITELY return again and hope to.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Clean, comfortable and welcoming this hotel delivers all three. The staff are wonderful and the breakfast was really delicious. You can tell that they care about the experience you have at their finely run establishment. I would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Comfortable rooms and bedding, first class 2 course breakfast (included in the price of the hotel), breathtaking landscaping, and a relaxing hot tube with complimentary wine in the evening. The owners have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome and the concierge provided on-the-mark recommendations of local vineyards. Would highly recommend and plan on staying here on our next visit to Sonoma!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This place is amazing. We stayed there for one night this past week and it went beyond our expectations. Everyone was extremely friendly. The rooms were quiet and clean. The beds were extremely comfortable and the sheets were the softest sheets I've ever slept on. (I even asked for the companies name) We stayed in the room with one King bed and a fireplace. It was a little secluded and made our stay seems very romantic. The bathroom has heated floors (which came in handy since it was chilly at night) and each shower head was a rain forest shower. The bath produces are from a local company and smell delicious. It has a spa feel to it.
Breakfast was amazing. We had a delicious three course meal. The chef and the staff were extremely accommodating and the food was out of this world.
This place is definitely worth the price. I wouldn't stay anywhere else! It's my new go-to hotel in Sonoma.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We really enjoyed our weekend getaway here. Our room (a king) was spacious and nicely decorated with a small semi-private patio. The bathroom was gorgeous and the linens were some of the most luxurious I've ever encountered (extra fluffy towels, the softest sheets). The communal hot tub in the little garden setting was definite plus.
Breakfast was fantastic. Our server was delightful - one of the members of the family who owns Olea. We enjoyed talking with him. The food was delicious and the homemade sweet, creamy chai was a wonderful surprise. The lounge area in the main building is comfortable with a computer for general access, DVDs, a nice couch, etc. I loved that coffee/tea were available early and that breakfast ran from 8:30-11:00am, not just one sitting. The complimentary treats (Sunchips, granola bars) were thoughtful and when we left we were given a little treat as well. Wireless access was complimentary; my iPad was having problems but I don't think it was due to their network (note that AT&T coverage is MUCH better than Verizon in Glen Ellen overall). I also loved the beautifully landscaped outdoor area above the main building that is set with tables and chairs - perfect for afternoon wine or coffee on a summer morning and lovely views.
The only downsides were that service was uneven (most staff were very nice but at least one was fairly cold and unfriendly), parking can be a bit challenging (there is sufficient parking but it is cramped and many of the spaces require multiple-point turns to exit) and that there was some TV and other noise from our neighbors next door (thin walls). So for the price (~$300/night on weekends), the value is good but not fantastic. Note that the hotel is dog friendly but only allow dogs in 4 or 5 of the 12 rooms for an additional $25/night.
Overall, a very nice experience; we'd recommend it.

Room Tip: The cottages are smaller but more private
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We decided to splurge on a hotel on our way to a race at Sonoma Raceway and with so many great reviews, we couldn't pass it up.
We checked in before dinner and our room was ready right away. We were offered a different room with a tub in case we wanted that, but we were good with room 1, a king bed with a kitchenette. The room is smallish, but worked fine. the kitchen had a table and chairs, fridge with chilled water and snacks. The bathroom was huge with a heated floor (awesome!!)
We had plenty of the free wine provided in the lobby (a white and red from Sebastiani's organic line.) We got take out dinner at the Glen Ellen Star down the street and ate on the patio at the hotel. We were given silverware and plates to make it fancy! After dinner we brought our drinks down to the hot tub which was an awesome way to wrap up our evening.
The bed was crazy comfy and the plushy robes were a very nice touch. The shower head in the shower is just huge and had every option to pick from. All shower supplies supplied!
Breakfast was something else. I couldn't have gotten a better breakfast at a fancy restaurant. We had cranberry pistachio scones to start with homemade chai tea (awesome!!) and coffee. Fresh fruit and a rosemary muffin with fresh jam as a second. The main course was just unbelievably- fried egg over duck confit hash and a carrot puree. It was out of this world.
The finishing touch was the roasted cinnamon almonds they gave us going out the door. If I'm ever in this area, I wont bother staying anywhere else. The stay was one of the best 12+ hours of my life. Go here!

Room Tip: pick one that fits your needs!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel Yountville
Hotel Yountville
#2 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,009 reviews

Been to Olea Hotel? Share your experiences!