“Perfect stay”
Review of Olea Hotel

Olea Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Glen Ellen
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Olea is a great place to stay if you're going to Napa/Sonoma. Great customer service (Kent at the front desk is the perfect host), very nice rooms (the Upper Cottage is super nice), and fantastic breakfast. Kent was super helpful with booking restaurant reservations and transportation and always provided service with a smile. Very convenient and quiet location and walking distance to several restaurants/shops in Glen Ellen. Evenings at the fire pit were nice and complimentary wine was also very good. We went with two other couples and everyone had a great time. Definitely worth it and we will be back for sure the next time we go back to wine country and look forward to our next stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mehul P

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My other half booked this hotel and I have to admit I wasn't paying much attention so I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. They make really great use of a quite narrow site, and we spent a really nice evening by the fire pit. The room was spacious and very clean, and as everyone else says the breakfast was awesome. My other half is a veggie and it was no problem for them to do a veggie version. The really big plus was the customer service, when we arrived they sorted us out a last minute reservation at a local restaurant and when we had to leave before breakfast they sent us off with coffee, cake and trail mix. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. It is a little pricey but I think that reflects how expensive things are in Sonoma generally, at least that was our experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonHobnob
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here whilst attending a birthday party in the area at the recommendation of the party planner. It was an outstanding choice. Really relaxing ambience, well equipped rooms with high-quality fittings and really good toiletries, helpful staff, amazingly inventive breakfast dishes. The nightly cheese and wine tastings are a good opportunity to relax and interact with the other guests and share experiences.

A real fine.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm R
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My fiance and I were trying to fit a lot in without much time (did 1.5 days in Napa before our one and only day in Sonoma here). After experiencing Olea for just a day, I wish we had done a week. The staff are very friendly and helpful - we had done a wine tour in napa, but they recommended VJB winery in Sonoma for lunch and we loved it. They also made our return trip to SFO airport that much easier by offering to charge us for the Golden Gate toll, that way we wouldn't get hit by the rental car surcharge. But anyways, back to the hotel. Olea is small, charming property in the hills. We stayed in a regular room as opposed to the villas - although it was a little small, it was completely modern (even has a heated floor in the bathroom). Who wants to stay in the room anyway? You're in wine country, so go enjoy it. That being said, I definitely plan on staying at Olea when I go back.

Room Tip: Regular rooms were fine, but I'm curious about the villas as you'd have a little more privac...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent hotel located amongst the oaks and ancient olive trees. Personalized service and a breakfast second to none. We will be back. Our dog loved it too! Grounds we're beautiful and we'll maintained. With the wine, coffee and amazing breakfast the value is amazing. Stop here before wine tasting, you won't be sorry you did.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank sochoa86
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Olea was everything I expected and more. Very friendly staff, delicious breakfast and beautiful park like setting. I was impressed with the extra attention to detail such as refreshing cold water waiting in our room, amazing sheets, wine and strawberry lemonade available at no additional cost and sugar coated almonds in a thank you bag as we checked out. We were asked what we would change if we could pick one thing and they genuinely seemed interested in my response although I could not come up with anything but good things to say. Thank you Olea!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gerlitz
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We've stayed here twice. The first time they only had a tiny queen bed room but it was clean with lots of amenities including a heated bathroom floor although I only learned about that and how to operate it on our second visit. We are now here for the second time. I had brought our dog the first time. Apparently, the tiny room wasn't one of their 'dog' rooms but we were allowed to stay there anyway. Now on our second visit we are in one of the dog rooms even though, after I made the reservation, I decided not to bring my beloved chocolate lab along on this trip. It always gets my antennae up when hotels have "dedicated dog rooms." Meaning they have some not so good rooms you can stay in if you bring your dog. Sure enough, we are in a handicap room right on the street. Loud cars go by every few minutes. The last time we did have a wonderful breakfast here that is part of the modest price of this hotel. Overall, it's a quaint but crowded setting. It's clean and pretty comfortable but scout out the rooms and do not stay in room number 9. And leave your beloved pooches home or you'll get leftover rooms.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Donna P
AnastasiaPatel, Owner at Olea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We do understand that the cottage is close to the road. Normally Warm Springs rd. is a quiet residential road with some road noise, but generally contained to daytime hours and very quiet at night. We are so sorry this was not the case during your stay.

The #9 (lower) cottage is also one of our favorite and most reserved rooms, so we were very surprised to hear that it was sub-par compared to other rooms. Dedicated pet-friendly rooms are publicized as some guests strictly prefer non pet-friendly rooms. Some visitors think rooms are 'not as clean' when pets have been in the room, but here this is not at all the case. We are extremely diligent about ensuring all rooms are perfectly clean. Thank you for confirming with us that you found the room very clean as well.

We really do apologize that your experience was not as good as your first. We always welcome customer feedback and will certainly do everything we can to ensure our guests' satisfaction. Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Ellen
El Pueblo Inn
#3 of 11 in Sonoma
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer

Been to Olea Hotel? Share your experiences!