“Great location when visiting LA area”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Great location when visiting LA area”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We picked this hotel because it was reasonably priced and close enough to LA without being in the craziness of all the traffic.
Very close to the expressway.
Rooms were fine, clean and large enough for a family of 5.
Free breakfast was a big plus and it was good food and a nice selection.
I would recommend this area as a place to stay as a base if you are going to be exploring LA as it is pretty close to wherever you need to go but still not in the midst of the traffic.

1 Thank ReneeFlorida27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is a nice looking building with a nice lobby. The rooms are pretty small. The beds are comfortable enough but a little on the small side. The hotel is nicely located near great shopping and is easy on an off the freeway. The bad thing is you pay for absolutely everything. No free WIFI, which is almost standard these days. Parking is pricey. Also, one day, the maids just skipped our room - we had to tell the front desk as we went out to dinner. Overall, it's an okay place, but nothing to rave about.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I should say that I'm a big Hilton Hotel fan and that I stay at the chain as often as I can. Embassy Suites is one of my favorite lines in the Hiton chain and this particular Embassy was beautiful and well appointed. I was on the 12th floor facing the hills and I woke to a beautiful view every day.
The staff was fantastic and helpful. Cleaning crew did a wonderful job. (I was impressed that they actually did allow me to re-use my towel...thank you.) I met and often talked to the manager who seemed to always be around. The front desk went out of their way to suggest things to do on my one day off.
The restaurant staff (morning and evening) went out of their way to make things more than acceptable - they made them great. (Yes, that could be the wine talking.)
Thanks for helping turn a stressful business trip into more of an adventure away from the office.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Media_Monkey_Chris
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The room was comfortable and quiet. On the recommendation I found here at tripadvisor, I requested an outside room and was given one. Suffering from jet-lag, I went to bed relatively early on two nights, one at 10:00 and the other at 8:00 local time. No problem with noise. The bed was comfortable.

The work-out facility is small – one recumbent bike and two treadmills (I think). Bring your headphones, each piece of equipment comes with TV, but the stations are limited. Small outside pool and hot tub next to the work-out room.

Once upon a time, one of the benefits of staying at a hotel was the television entertainment - not anymore! Two flat screen TVs were in the suite. The reception was terrible even though the stations were in HD. If I was a TV manufacturer, I’d monitor the TVs placed in hotels. I will never buy a Phillips (brand in this hotel) due to my experience in this hotel.

The free breakfast was one of this hotel’s greatest features. The made-to-order omelets were outstanding. The strawberry toppings for the pancakes was also good.

The hotel is within walking distance to The Americana at Brand and Glendale Galleria.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room if you desire a quite room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Richboro, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The hotel was acceptable and as expected. I have two complaints: Free WiFi service is not available unless you are a certain level of HHonors membership. Otherwise it is $10/day/device. For us, with phones and iPads, that would have been $40 per day. This should be included free for any guest. The second is that you are also charged per day for parking. It seems like the rooms are low priced to draw you in then you have to pay for things that are free at other hotels.

1 Thank James S
Glendale, United States
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I am a retired travel agent who has stayed in hotels all over the world. I chose the Embassy Suites Glendale to visit family. I was extremely surprised at how amazing my experience was. The lobby with koi pond and waterfalls was a perfect place to unwind. Breakfasts were outstanding. Every staff member with whom I dealt was not only helpful, but extremely engaging. I would stay at this Embassy Suites again and will seek out other Embassy Suites in my future travels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Janet W
SF Valley, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Loved the view from the 12th floor! Am planning to go back again! Staff was welcoming and professional! The location was centralized to downtown and I was able to walk to a variety of restaurants. The room was perfect and romantic. This was the perfect place for us!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Aimee G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles - Glendale
#12 of 20 in Burbank
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 16 in Glendale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!