“They went out of their way to help us!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Glendale
Whittier, California
“They went out of their way to help us!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My daughter and I had an important event to attend and needed to stay overnight for one night. We arrived at the hotel pretty much at our expected time (even though we had dealt with getting a bit lost due to some bad directions on the internet. ) I booked our reservation with Travelocity but when we got to the hotel, there was no record of it. The hotel was almost sold out but the staff did an excellent job at helping us to try to resolve the issue. I called Travelocity customer service and was unsatisfied with their response. That's when the staff really stepped up their customer service on my behalf. I was really upset about the whole experience. Breezy and Lizet were such a huge help to me. They waited on the phone with customer service on my behalf for more than one hour and 45 minutes. In the end Embassy Suites waived my parking and internet fees and I ended up with a very nice upgraded room at no extra expense to me due to their determination to make me a happy customer. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool and Jacuzzi were great! We enjoyed free snacks and drinks during reception time and a delicious breakfast cooked to order in the morning. This could have been a huge nightmare for us but instead, Embassy Suites staff went out of their way to help us. Any staff we encountered from the valet parking attendant to housekeeping and desk reception personel were friendly, courteous and very helpful. I would definitely stay there again...Loved it!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor and it was really quiet. We had a mountain view room and could also see c...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Booked this hotel for a group of ladies from our church and everyone loved and enjoyed it! No complaints out of 32 ladies! We do a trip similar every year and wanted to be close to Universal Studio's (which it is). It was the easiest check in I have ever experienced, thanks to the wonderful sales ladies, Pamela and Jennifer!!!!! Pamela came out to greet me and I felt like we had been friends just from our phone conversations! She was so helpful through our whole booking, thank you Pamela!!!!!!!! Also, thank you to Yesenia and Lizet at front desk for you help while we were there. Pamela had said to make sure to go to the Galleria mall and Americana. Some of us finally made it at the end of our last day. The Galleria is really nice, but when we stumbled into the Americana area I felt like I was at Disneyland or a nice resort in Vegas. It was beautiful!!! If I lived there, I would spend all my time just hanging out there. All in all the experience of this trip was awesome, including breakfast! The only improvement that I would love to see in a lot of hotels including this one, would be queen beds instead of doubles. Thank you again to the wonderful staff there!

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel, go to the Americana at night, it is absolutely beautiful lit up! Close t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Lady Lake, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The sign says we open at 6:30. No one will explain why they aren't open. We finally found a hostess and asked when will you open. She was indifferent and unhelpful. Had to leave before they got their act together. Boooooooo. Colleagues said they waited and got wilted bacon and stiff pancakes. When you base your reputation on breakfast made to order and there is no one to make your order, you leave unhappy.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Azle, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2014

On the surface this seems like a nice hotel. I did not have any trouble with the staff as others have commented. At least not until I came down with bed bug bites over my entire body. I was there for 8 nights and by the 5th I started getting small bumbs. By the time I left I had them on my back and arms and then they swelled up all over my body. I immediately called the hotel, but it took several calls before they "took the room out of service". I have lost work and had to go to the dr. The itching is miserable and the silver dollar sized welts on my hands, face and arms make it impossible to meet with clients.
I probably wouldn't have written a review had there not been the bug issue, but besides the horror of that, there was a plumbing issue that knocked all night and kept me up. The food from room service was good, but they would take a good 12 hours or more to pick up my dishes out of the hall, even when I called and requested they be picked up.

7 Thank janet s
ES_Glendale_Mgt, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Janet,

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this issue to me and allowing me to follow up, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. Thank you for allowing me to follow-up with you this morning. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

John C.
Horsham, West Sussex
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This light, airy and modern hotel had good sized suites and was easy to find from the airport. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet (not a full scale version but it still offered plenty of choice) with cooked to order omelettes as well as an evening drinks reception, which are included in the room price. The only downside was the small pool, which doesn't have enough seating. Self parking was easy and it isn't too much of a walk into town with a variety of restaurant options if you feel like a walk. We used it as a base to visit Universal Studios and despite the weekday morning traffic we made the journey in 25 minutes (even less on the way home).

We are a family of 4 with teenage children and the room was comfortable enough including a large bathroom. The fridge and microwave were also useful. There was a pull-out sofa bed too, but we didn't need it. I have stayed at Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale previously and this one was even better.

Room Tip: Our 8th floor suite overlooked the atrium and was generally quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Netherlands
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Meeting the expectations of an Embassy Suites: nice rooms, nothing spectacular. Fitting the purpose. Staff is friendly and efficient. One really positive exception was one of the bartenders: he was really friendly, original and client focussed. Very close to 134 freeway, which is convenient. Would I stay here agin? Sure, perfect hotel for doing business in the glendale/burbank area

UK
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We ended our trip by staying here for 5 nights, originally booking for 4, but arrived early as we opted out of one of our nights at a different place. We were allocated a suite on the top floor, but moved to the 9th floor as we found the air conditioning units on the roof gave an irritating noise, which may not have been a bother for other people. The suites are very comfortable, possibly a little more drawer space would have been welcome as we did have quite a lot of clothes with us. Everything was clean, very comfortable bed, adequate sized bathroom with the best towels we have ever had in the US.
We enjoyed the complimentary drinks each evening and ate at the restaurant afterwards. Breakfast was the usual choice of fruit, cereal, toast and hot buffet, with the addition of a made to order stand which could get busy.
Staff were all courteous, helpful and very friendly, especially when we wanted to move rooms, and made us feel very welcome. Elvis is a gem! The layout was a little unusual, in that some suites overlooked the lobby area, although this is attractive. We found that Glendale was really convenient for many of the places we wanted to visit, Norton Simon Gallery, the Huntington garden and gallery. The Observatory was easily reached, although it was in the cloud cover when we visited. Some of the freeways can be exceedingly busy, but we visited Santa Monica one day and called at the Getty on our way to the airport. All in all, a very pleasant end to our trip, thank you all so much. Would definitely stay here again and recommend highly.

Room Tip: Mountain view on north side, to the left of the lifts on the upper floor may be quieter without air...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles - Glendale
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 16 in Glendale
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Glendale

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Glendale? Share your experiences!